Disconnected From Game Server

6 replies to this topic

#1 D3rvish

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

Howdy, folks.

I've been playing MWO for a long while now, several hundred hours worth, in fact. During that time I think I've dropped 2-3 times. I took a week off and came back a few days ago.

In these two days, I've been booted from every match. I get passed the map selection, the countdown and last about a minute before everyone's walking in place and I get booted back to the lobby.

I haven't been able to play a full match in days. I'm having to wait out 10 minute penalty timers before I can try and fail again.

I've updated DirectX, my drivers, uninstall/reinstall the game and have gotten nowhere.

Any advice? I missed out on finishing the last event because of this and now it looks like I won't be able to even attempt this one.

Edited by Darkspire91, 15 August 2019 - 11:59 PM.

#2 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

Uh, that sounds frustrating, I feel ya. Also sounds like a connection issue with massive packet loss. I'm no expert, though.

#3 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

Try deleting the shader cache, since its been a while since you played and last updated.
Worth a try

C:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

There are also windows update, especially Windows 10, which by default can updates drivers, especially GPU drivers, and those installs can go sideways. Do a complete uninstall then reinstall the GPU driver.

Also reboot router/modem.

Question, it is with any/all mechs? And do you have server restrictions? That is does it do it on all the servers?

The other issue is that the route your connection is taking may be having issues, especially since you are DC and not actually crashing. Try using a VPN as a temp workaround. It may help you bypass the problematic router systems..

#5 D3rvish

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 August 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Try deleting the shader cache, since its been a while since you played and last updated.
Worth a try

C:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache

Tried this and it didn't help. Though my framerate is much smoother now, funny enough.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

There are also windows update, especially Windows 10, which by default can updates drivers, especially GPU drivers, and those installs can go sideways. Do a complete uninstall then reinstall the GPU driver.

Also reboot router/modem.

Question, it is with any/all mechs? And do you have server restrictions? That is does it do it on all the servers?

The other issue is that the route your connection is taking may be having issues, especially since you are DC and not actually crashing. Try using a VPN as a temp workaround. It may help you bypass the problematic router systems..

This occurs with all mechs and it happens on all servers.

I just tried with a VPN and I had a full match! That being said, my ping was in the 400's on the Euro server and target locking/hit recognition took a full second to process.

I'll try to uninstall/reinstall my GPU driver...once I figure out how to do that.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Edited by Darkspire91, 16 August 2019 - 03:55 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:42 PM

I just tried with a VPN and I had a full match! That being said, my ping was in the 400's on the Euro server and target locking/hit recognition took a full second to process

That you were able to connect using a VPN means there is an issue somewhere between your computer and the servers (primarily gaming servers). When you are disconnected, do you go back to the front end or do you have to relog back into the front end? There are two main servers, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) and the game servers (regional).

Essentially, VPN is covering your tracks (hiding the packet types and volume) while also rerouting your pathway from your system, through your ISP to the net (several jumps) to PGI ISP then the servers.

Flush/reset your Net connection..

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

#7 D3rvish

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:21 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

That you were able to connect using a VPN means there is an issue somewhere between your computer and the servers (primarily gaming servers). When you are disconnected, do you go back to the front end or do you have to relog back into the front end? There are two main servers, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) and the game servers (regional). Essentially, VPN is covering your tracks (hiding the packet types and volume) while also rerouting your pathway from your system, through your ISP to the net (several jumps) to PGI ISP then the servers. Flush/reset your Net connection.. Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile). Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left). Choose Command Prompt (Admin). When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes. Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter. Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter. Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter. Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter. Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter. Restart the computer.

This did the trick. Thanks a bunch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users