With The Tiers Being Merged In Qp, Is The "sort By Tonnage" Necessary?

32 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,820 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

View PostFupDup, on 18 August 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

It's not really "faster is better," it's finding the sweet spot that gives you enough speed for most situations while still retaining enough pod space for a good payload. Otherwise we'd see a lot more mechs packing XL400s.

i think i would only break out the xl400s in a heavy teamwork scenario. i remember seeing waves of xl400 battlemasters just blitzkrieg though enemy lines like they were nothing. never hurts to xl check battlemasters and banshees though.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 August 2019 - 07:17 AM.

#22 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

Oh, this good. All these wonderful suggestions......as if PGI is either capable or has the resources to make any of it happen. QP is the way QP is because it's working as expected.

#23 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 18 August 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Except faction play doesn't suffer from excess ranged sniping. That only happens on maps where it is appropriate.

And as it turns out every map is appropriate enough, so the amount of sniping keeps rising on every last FP map, with now whole snipe groups bumping into each other for a snipefest, and not just on "appropriate" maps.

I mean there's like over 20 FP maps... How many can you name where the amount of sniping has decreased instead of increased over the past ~2 years : 10 ? 5 ? 1 ? 0 ?

Common, gimme some names instead of more wind ?

#24 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

I think you're confusing mid range trade with long range trade.

I can see how you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, you tend to treat ATMs as ER-LRMs.

#25 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

And as it turns out every map is appropriate enough, so the amount of sniping keeps rising on every last FP map, with now whole snipe groups bumping into each other for a snipefest, and not just on "appropriate" maps.

I mean there's like over 20 FP maps... How many can you name where the amount of sniping has decreased instead of increased over the past ~2 years : 10 ? 5 ? 1 ? 0 ?

Common, gimme some names instead of more wind ?

Oh gees...Humble Dexter questioning my CW knowledge.

Great game against Yondu on Tourmaline today though... quite the numbers you put up there, lol.

That you don't know that dakka is king right now and dps is where it is at, pretty much lets everybody familiar and decent at the mode know that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Edited by Feral Clown, 19 August 2019 - 01:44 PM.

#26 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 19 August 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Oh gees...Humble Dexter questioning my CW knowledge.

Great game against Yondu on Tourmaline today though... quite the numbers you put up there, lol.

That you don't know that dakka is king right now and dps is where it is at, pretty much lets everybody familiar and decent at the mode know that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Congratulations ! Instead of blowing more wind I asked you to name the map(s) proving that extra long range sniping hasn't been steadily raising out on control on more and more FP maps over the past ~2 years...

And somehow you only managed to name the very FP map where sniping has been raising out of control THE MOST over the past ~2 months : Tourmaline Desert !

Tourmaline Desert is the map where only a few days ago, I had to wait 13 MINUTES for the shooting to start, because both teams were into snipe mode and holding their ground near their dropzone out of snipe range, over ~2000m away for each other. Basically the FP Tourmaline Desert map is slowly turning into the next FP Alpine Peaks style snipefest map.

Tourmaline Desert is also the map where Yondu just demonstrated to two teams yesterday, that you can totally exploit the asymmetry of the map to prevent the enemy team from even reaching the center circle in a Dominion match, entirely through taking the high ground near the enemy dropzones on the F4 side of the map, and using it to snipe down with ERLLs (and not with your so called high DPS dakka or whatever...) any enemy walking towards the circle, right from the moment they exit their dropzone walls...

Basically in that Dominion match I met a total of TWO enemy mechs, everything else was my team getting sniped from over 1000m by ERLLs on the left side of the map from the moment it walked out of the drozpone walls, until it gave up on even trying to reach the Dominion circle because of the kind of excess amount of ERLL sniping, that I'm precisely complaining about.

In that Tourmaline Desert Dominion snipefest I received 0 ballistic damage, 0 missile damage, and not even one "missile warning" the whole game : ~100% of the damage I received was from being shot by ERLL snipers way out of my range on my way from the dropzone walls to the Dominion circle.

Do I still question your knowledge ? What knowledge ?

#27 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:48 AM

So because your team failed you're sure there is no counter?

#28 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Congratulations ! Instead of blowing more wind I asked you to name the map(s) proving that extra long range sniping hasn't been steadily raising out on control on more and more FP maps over the past ~2 years...

And somehow you only managed to name the very FP map where sniping has been raising out of control THE MOST over the past ~2 months : Tourmaline Desert !

Tourmaline Desert is the map where only a few days ago, I had to wait 13 MINUTES for the shooting to start, because both teams were into snipe mode and holding their ground near their dropzone out of snipe range, over ~2000m away for each other. Basically the FP Tourmaline Desert map is slowly turning into the next FP Alpine Peaks style snipefest map.

Tourmaline Desert is also the map where Yondu just demonstrated to two teams yesterday, that you can totally exploit the asymmetry of the map to prevent the enemy team from even reaching the center circle in a Dominion match, entirely through taking the high ground near the enemy dropzones on the F4 side of the map, and using it to snipe down with ERLLs (and not with your so called high DPS dakka or whatever...) any enemy walking towards the circle, right from the moment they exit their dropzone walls...

Basically in that Dominion match I met a total of TWO enemy mechs, everything else was my team getting sniped from over 1000m by ERLLs on the left side of the map from the moment it walked out of the drozpone walls, until it gave up on even trying to reach the Dominion circle because of the kind of excess amount of ERLL sniping,  that I'm precisely complaining about.

In that Tourmaline Desert Dominion snipefest I received 0 ballistic damage, 0 missile damage, and not even one "missile warning" the whole game : ~100% of the damage I received was from being shot by ERLL snipers way out of my range on my way from the dropzone walls to the Dominion circle.

Do I still question your knowledge ? What knowledge ?
I didn't bother because I don't have to. People with a clue know what works on the maps and what is strong. You're simply not one of those players. But you want to argue what you see and 'think' with a member of BCMC who has a wlr over 12. Like it or not your knowledge of the game pales to mine and I have the record and numbers to back me and you do not. You're a complete amateur at CW in comparison. Stop fooling yourself and just accept you are a pug playing at a very low level. No shame in it, there's lots like you, but your attitude and lack of willingness to listen to what better players tell you only impedes you from getting better.

#29 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

Wait, how did this topic turn into LR trading in FW?

#30 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

I'm surprised Humble is griping about long-range, he's always so far away in FP matches I thought that was his comfort zone.

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

There's this little feud going on between HD and a bunch of reknown FP players. It's a wildfire, spreading onto all threads even more than the Epic Store Incident.

#32 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

Cause good ol' Dex has a comprehension problem.

#33 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 August 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

The claim that sniping has increased is your claim, it is up to you to prove it, it's not anyone else's job to disprove it. That is how burden of proof works, the claimant backs up his claim and others can dismiss it as long as they don't find the justification convincing.

I play a lot of fw and I don't see any significant changes. Cohesive tactics in groups beats less organised teams, sniping can be one of those tactics but it's not the only one and there are other tactics, such as fast medium brawl swarms, that counter sniping on maps like tourmaline. I'm dismissing your assertion because you're only offering your own impressions to back it and those impressions don't match my own at all. As long as I'm not seeing the same development you see I'm going to assume it's confirmation bias and it would take a lot more than anecdotes to convince me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users