Mw5 Available For Pre-Order On Epic Games Store

192 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

Preorders for the upcoming MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries are now available via the Epic Games store for $49.99 for the Standard Edition and $59.99 for the Deluxe Edition. The title is set to launch on December 10th on PC.
STANDARD EDITION
The MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Standard Edition includes the full game download and PDF game manual while the Deluxe Edition adds a digital game manual, digital technical BattleTech manual, the game's digital soundtrack, and a digital 4k desktop pack. The digital game manual is a comprehensive breakdown of mechanics and features in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries while the digital technical manual contains awesome imagery and information about the equipment and 'Mechs found in the game.
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

#2 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

First. Always wanted to do that. ....... Not as rewarding as I thought

#3 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

I foresee this thread going well...lol

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

1. Showing a "physical box" to represent a digital download is rather misleading, unless it is going to have an on the shelf box release... I try to be nice about these kind of things, but if this is digital download only, it presents an incorrect concept.

2. Those of us still holding preorders, which level of product did we receive? I haven't rechecked the MW5 website yet, but I think that would be a relevant issue considering a forum thread about this.

3. Nice to see the game getting closer to release.

#5 HankChinaski

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

No MWO extra content like in previous pre-order?

I missed the previous one (just recently got back to MWO after many years).

#6 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

ARE YA READY KIDS?!?!?!?!?!

#7 CavemanJack

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

Wait... if there is going to be a physical box version, as depicted in the image, is it possible to switch a preorder to that version?

#8 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostTesunie, on 19 August 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

1. Showing a "physical box" to represent a digital download is rather misleading, unless it is going to have an on the shelf box release... I try to be nice about these kind of things, but if this is digital download only, it presents an incorrect concept.

2. Those of us still holding preorders, which level of product did we receive? I haven't rechecked the MW5 website yet, but I think that would be a relevant issue considering a forum thread about this.

1. They all got a download icon below.

2. I think the 50$ version is the deluxe edition minus all the MWO stuff.

3. Indeed. Now some more videos and images would be nice. Epic store didn't show anything new and at MechCon there was just a second in the Epic store announcment.
At least itst currently at the front of the store...beside Borderlands 3

View PostHankChinaski, on 19 August 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

No MWO extra content like in previous pre-order?
I missed the previous one (just recently got back to MWO after many years).

Nope. It was said that the MWO content was just for that periode of time.

#9 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

Sadly this served as a reminder to submit my refund requests. I may reorder to get the digital deluxe content.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 19 August 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

1. They all got a download icon below.

2. I think the 50$ version is the deluxe edition minus all the MWO stuff.

3. Indeed. Now some more videos and images would be nice. Epic store didn't show anything new and at MechCon there was just a second in the Epic store announcment.
At least itst currently at the front of the store...beside Borderlands 3

1. I've got a degree in Graphic Design (not that it's helped me any besides increase the bills). As a designer, I understand where they were going with the old "game in box" design to represent the game itself. However, that small download box I don't believe saves it from appearing like a boxed items one can purchase from a store front. They could have done the MW Mercs 5 logo and had a similar effect without cause of confusion. There is another post who literally mentioned their desire for a boxed version of the game from this confusing imagery. My opinion, better safe than sorry with that.

2. I just logged onto the MW5 site, and it doesn't specify what my package entails for level of game preordered. At least not that I could find. I'd like clarification on this in simple text. It should be mentioned somewhere. I'm also very curious to understand what I'm actually getting from still retaining my preorder (as to be honest I've decided to keep it, but it was a tough choice to make).

3. I'd love to see more about how it's coming along as well. It's also nice to see MW/BT anything getting a little attention in a more broad sense. Still need to get the Steam game Battletech. It looks like a good game from what I've seen from someone else's game play...

#11 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

Does anyone want to buy it cheaper? 50$ for NA vs ~15$ my home region price, lol

#12 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:57 PM

Nice troll, PGI.

I'll wait a year, thank you very much.

#13 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Anyone who wants/needs a reminder of what they're getting, so they can compare it to the current pre-order, look up Kanajashi's "Should you buy MW5" YouTube video, which has screenshots of the original pre-order page, and he goes over all the extra's. Personally, It looks like I could get a refund for my $129.99 preorder, and get the same MW5 content with the $59.99 pre-order, but I'll have to double check. I still haven't decided whether I'm keeping it at all, yet, though it looks like I'm running out of time on that...

#14 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

So, no pre-order bonuses for pre-ordering.... I may be missing something but what's the incentive?

PLOT TWIST!!!

PGI cancel the Epic release and move to Gog one month before the release!
(And delay the release another 6 months for good measure).

#15 Angrax

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 19 August 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

So, no pre-order bonuses for pre-ordering.... I may be missing something but what's the incentive?

PLOT TWIST!!!

This!

i recently discovered MWO again and missed the first preorder. Hoped to get another preorder option but... this preorder is without benefits at all...

#16 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostTesunie, on 19 August 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

the progress bar keeps moving but the estimated time until completion continues to increase...

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 19 August 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

PLOT TWIST!!!

Isn't there a preorder "preplay" portion? I thought anyone with a preorder was getting to play the game before others?

View PostBROARL, on 19 August 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

the progress bar keeps moving but the estimated time until completion continues to increase...

Personally speaking, I'd rather a product be delayed (as much as it sucks) to get it out right. I also realize that there does come a point where you can only wait for so long... I don't think we've waited too long yet for this release (unless you consider the wait from the last stand alone MW title... :D).

#18 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 August 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Anyone who wants/needs a reminder of what they're getting, so they can compare it to the current pre-order, look up Kanajashi's "Should you buy MW5" YouTube video, which has screenshots of the original pre-order page, and he goes over all the extra's. Personally, It looks like I could get a refund for my $129.99 preorder, and get the same MW5 content with the $59.99 pre-order, but I'll have to double check. I still haven't decided whether I'm keeping it at all, yet, though it looks like I'm running out of time on that...

Yeah maybe they should give more bonuses for not refunding and getting it cheaper..I did the 129 one as well...hmmm

#19 HankChinaski

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

View PostAngrax, on 19 August 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

This!

i recently discovered MWO again and missed the first preorder. Hoped to get another preorder option but... this preorder is without benefits at all...

Second that. I see no point in preordering. Might as well wait for release and reviews.

Edited by HankChinaski, 19 August 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#20 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

View PostTesunie, on 19 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Isn't there a preorder "preplay" portion? I thought anyone with a preorder was getting to play the game before others?

Yes, the community preorder folks have a beta in November. This Epic preorder doesn't include that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users