3 replies to this topic

#1 gooddragon1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

http://www.sarna.net...proved_Jump_Jet

This will likely not be lore friendly:

+Same jump ability as pre-nerf jump jets
-Can't fire weapons while in the air (even if not because of jump jets)
=Can only have either improved jump jets or regular jump jets, not both

These would be jump jets for mobility purposes only.

Edited by gooddragon1, 20 August 2019 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

I think the point of them is to be able to fire while jumping becasue of less heat. The trade off is tonnage.

#3 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:04 PM

Leave them...

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:44 AM

View Postgooddragon1, on 20 August 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

-Can't fire weapons while in the air (even if not because of jump jets)

Hi there... If it weren't for this ONE stipulation that you have, then I might have been a potential supporter. Given things I see in the Sarna.net BattleTech Wiki page, it seems like there is already a rather serious cost involvement to using them in the first place. It would be better for you to instead be a lot less vinegar-loaded, and make a stipulation more like...

-while in midair, your targeting cursor and aiming would constantly shake like as if two Heavy Gauss Rifles had been fired, regardless of whether or not you were actively firing the Improved Jump Jets themselves

...which would be more-than-sufficient effect versus the Normal Jump Jets to prevent this other version from being overpowered in any way/shape/form while equipped and being used. Realistically speaking, it so happens that having Jump Jets with that kind of power, which also happen to not build up Heat so easily, and even if made sturdy, are very reasonably going to cause some severe rattle to whatever they're equipped to. Therefore, there is literally zero point to taking the weapons completely offline while using the Improved Jump Jets on a Mech that you're piloting. ^_^

~Mr. D. V. "I leave it up to you as to how you react on my thoughts on your Improved Jump Jets suggestion." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users