98 replies to this topic

#21 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 August 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Sometimes you have some spare time to do things.
So you look at your list of things that you have wanted to do for a while...
...and then you do one of them.
Hell yisss!

Nice, maybe you could sometimes do more of your list of things you want to do? Are there more good ideas?

#22 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

Can you please add "owned" filter ?

Good move with GSP bundle. For PGI, i mean. For players it would be better to redesign that horrid grindy skill maze, that turned away so many players.. And also discourages some of the remaining players to buy new mechs.

I would suggest for you to make "premium" colours for cash only. With shaders, for example metallic ones, like golden mechs, or gold pieces of the Powerhouse default paint. Iron, bronze, silver.
Pink.

But let me tell you a secret, people stopped buying mechpacks not because they don't want more mechs (though skill tree grind is a huge discouragement - see now how it hurts you too?), but because ever since the last MechCon people are not sure about the future of the game. And if you can't be sure the game is here to stay, people will stop spending. Well, the smarter ones, at least.
Start working on your game, or at least continue to promise some better future. Put in some effort, and maybe you'll turn around this stagnation.

To do:
1) UI. Traditionaly atrocious, since UI 2.0. Please redesign mech information overlay - arm and torso movement diagrams are small and unreadable, meaningless speed-armor-damage graphic that wastes space, unlocked skills bury original quirks, etc.

Add pop-up help messages in various screens, like you did on Faction Play screen. To explain new players what this screen is for (for example MechLab), and what buttons do what,
It is mind-boggling that, for example, your comp mode doesn't have its rules explained in the client, you have to google it...

2) Gameplay. Redesign your bloody skill tree. Make it easier to read, less grindy, and offering meaningful trade-offs.
It only reinforces your strong sides. Compensating your weak side is a fallacy, because percent bonus will be much more beneficial from a bigger initial value.

Maps. Keep adding reskins - Forest Peaks, Tourmaline Beach, Desert Colony, Winter City, Dried Bog, etc.

Slightly bump up quirks for loser mechs. Un-nerf assault jump jets, if not for the lift speed, than for forward momentum.

3) Faction Play. This it the endgame mode. And you keep neglecting it, or outright sabotaging. Please give it more love, and you'll have players returning. Update conquest and domination counters, change incursion to fit into FP gameplay. Deliver features you listed in post-mechcon update. Start doing FP events.
"The year of Faction Play", sure. The year you killed it for good, more likely.

Keep working on your game, and it will continue to feed you. Neglect the game and leave it to die - no monetization tricks will save you.

#23 Kim Vallantine

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 29 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTorres, RS, Brazil

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

Nice update on useless things... now, i'm waiting with 4 friends to play in group for 7 minutes, but nothing happen... fix the MM bugs!

#24 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

it's not a bug, group queue is just empty.

Come on PGI, you killed faction play stone dead.

give us back all the old maps for quickplay at least. Let's end this the way we began..

I love MWO, god knows I've spent enough on it, but don't just shove it aside. these do-nothing upgrades don't keep people playing.

#25 Bareck Greyhame

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

I have very few mechs, an "owned" button would be much appreciated.

#26 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

I'm happy to see GSPs becoming available for purchase (something that a few people have been asking for, including me), and glad I didn't spend my MC on any of the mechs recently on sale. This is an easily-implemented revenue stream for PGI and, quite seriously, I need all the help I can get. Posted Image

#27 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:13 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 August 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

oh look, another epeen gauge.

How can it be epeen?
Would you need a way to show off your list to others to make it epeen?
A hex on anyone trying to post a 4 meter screen shot of their mech list in the forums!!!

#28 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Selling power directly now with gsp, kind of lame in my opinion. Might as well milk the remaining players dry though.

I miss the scroll bar that showed you when you obtained mechs. It was cool to see what mechs you kept around through the years and such.

Edited by Alilua, 29 August 2019 - 04:31 PM.

#29 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for thinking of the web site. I have at times wondered why it didn't interact better with the main client. And I've been quite surprised to never have seen some sort of phone app for doing work out side the client. I will say, that the old list at least had the utility of being in order of purchase, thus creating a historic timeline of sorts for the player. This new one really needs more practical filters, as has been frequently pointed out. And if feels like an idea that someone successfully tested and sent live before actually planning it through.

Since I see this kind of thread can turn into a laundry list of "Great! now do this!" items, I have a few articles to pin on the line too. I will just give my top 2 for the website.

1). More stats in the profile (maybe even linked to this new mech list). For instance, I want to see how many C-bills a mech has made in its lifetime (i.e. is it earning its wages). Not just kills. What about KMD and assists. Maybe components destroyed. How might my light mech be performing on scout awards and UAV detects. Beefing the stats available would be a nice touch.

2.) A current and kept-current manual of all the equipment with he mechanics of how they are used. The equipment properties change all the time. Only PGI can really stay on top of that. Include all the rewards, too, and how to achieve them. For example, looking for information on how to actually do "Hit and Run" leaves one with the impression that nobody really knows. And, the best search results come from Google, not the forums search.

That's my opinion, thanks for reading.

Edited by KitK, 29 August 2019 - 04:39 PM.

#30 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

View PostAlilua, on 29 August 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Selling power directly now with gsp, kind of lame in my opinion. Might as well milk the remaining players dry though.

I miss the scroll bar that showed you when you obtained mechs. It was cool to see what mechs you kept around through the years and such.

If you go into the client, and go to the "Convert XP" button, the 'mechs are still listed in the order in which you purchased (or most recently re-purchased) them, so that information isn't lost. :)

#31 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 29 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

I have a Grid Iron but apparently there is one that I haven't collected, was it a one off or a bug?

The Grid Iron Limited Edition - https://mwomercs.com...hero-grid-iron/

Basically if you bought the Grid Iron before February 4, 2014 you got a bonus cockpit item and your Grid Iron has Limited Edition in the name, but otherwise identical to common one.

#32 OneEye Phd

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

Personally, I would love to have a column-sortable table filtered for what I own.

The graphic view looks cool, and a nice addition (thanks Matt!), but functionally, a sortable table would let me analyze my mech stash better and figure out what I'm neglecting.

Besides mech, variant, etc, other useful columns might be:
  • skill points
  • # of hardpoints for each type
  • speed
  • engine
  • cockpit item(s)
  • etc
Hell, just a list of what engines I have equipped would be amazing. Put in a column for what I have stashed in the cockpit of each mech without me having to open each one, and I would be blown away!

:-)

OneEye

#33 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

Nice to see there is at least something happening. Even if is directed towards the pokemech view on the game.

Now you could add “owned”, “sort by most played”m additional information with performance stats on every single chassis, and this feature would become more interesting for the rest of the players.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

View PostJavin, on 29 August 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Nice. Sadly now I know how far behind I am to catch them all...

unfortunately a 3 out of 4 mechs aren't worth catching.

which is why i advocate absurd levels of buffage on long forgotten mechs. it doesn't even have to be sane. you dont need to do a 3 week case study on it. be utterly reckless. people will be dropping coin trying to exploit to the latest greatest meta.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 August 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#35 tripcat1021

• Pip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUS - Kentucky

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

WAAAAAY Better thank you Understand from coding why the other, but this is a MUCH better UX - Thank you and well done.

#36 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostKitK, on 29 August 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

Thanks for thinking of the web site. I have at times wondered why it didn't interact better with the main client. And I've been quite surprised to never have seen some sort of phone app for doing work out side the client. I will say, that the old list at least had the utility of being in order of purchase, thus creating a historic timeline of sorts for the player. This new one really needs more practical filters, as has been frequently pointed out. And if feels like an idea that someone successfully tested and sent live before actually planning it through.

Since I see this kind of thread can turn into a laundry list of "Great! now do this!" items, I have a few articles to pin on the line too. I will just give my top 2 for the website.

1). More stats in the profile (maybe even linked to this new mech list). For instance, I want to see how many C-bills a mech has made in its lifetime (i.e. is it earning its wages). Not just kills. What about KMD and assists. Maybe components destroyed. How might my light mech be performing on scout awards and UAV detects. Beefing the stats available would be a nice touch.

2.) A current and kept-current manual of all the equipment with he mechanics of how they are used. The equipment properties change all the time. Only PGI can really stay on top of that. Include all the rewards, too, and how to achieve them. For example, looking for information on how to actually do "Hit and Run" leaves one with the impression that nobody really knows. And, the best search results come from Google, not the forums search.

That's my opinion, thanks for reading.

because webdevs are cheaper than gamedevs no doubt.

#37 N_o_v_A

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Looks good, nice job!

#38 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

That's neat.

It's really cool being able to look at all of the 'special' variants. You know what you might want to include? Maybe a link to where each variant can be purchased. Like, "I don't have the "R" Mauler", so there's a link to go to that Resistance pack.

It would be so great if there was a sale sometime where people could purchase the old loyalty etc. mechs that aren't normally sold.

#39 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 August 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Sometimes you have some spare time to do things.
So you look at your list of things that you have wanted to do for a while...
...and then you do one of them.

Hell yisss!

Y'all gonna add a "I don't own this" button?
More filtering options?
because as it is, it's LESS useful than the last one offered. It would be really great to be able to actually export or copy my list of owned mechs.

also, why does it show 174 mechs but my mechbays show 179?

#40 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

I prefer the old list that showed the mechs in the order that I purchased them since I started playing the game. If I wanted to know the information that this new list shows I'd just log into the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users