98 replies to this topic

#81 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Everyone at a game company has different skill sets and just because we have "a resource" available in the web department doesn't mean I can assign them to make a Map or Mech for the game.

What?! You mean to tell me that all your people aren't plug-compatible with each other??? Are you telling me that you can't grab someone from HR and have them build a mech??? Or have the guy who empties your waste baskets code up a new map????

I've been in I/T since 1980. I long ago discovered that people who aren't in the industry are unaware of the amount of specialization that exists. And from my customer facing experience I learned that no matter what you do, no matter how many improvements you make, someone is going to ***** and moan and whine and complain about it.

#82 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

One thing that I would love to see gone is the bug that now and then the game decides out of the blue that it will switch my mechlab listings from one setting to another, and from one source of mechs to all... happens every couple of weeks to a month... anyone else find this happening to them?

#83 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 29 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

I have a Grid Iron but apparently there is one that I haven't collected, was it a one off or a bug?

Grid Iron was given away as a Challenge prize several years ago.

In fact, it may even have been given away twice, ie in two separate comps.

I have a couple of them too. They're mostly useless since their Gauss uberquirk was removed.

Edited by Appogee, 03 September 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#84 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

Hi Matt,

If possible, can a 'merge' option be added that would have 1 entry for [] mechs?

so, say i have 2 ach-prime, 1 ach-prime[i], 0 ach-prime[s], and 0 ach-prime[c] mechs.

with the merge option on then only the ach-prime pic would be shown and when cursored over would popup type: # and bullet point under with skills if mech was owned.
some thing like this:

prime: 2
  • 0/91 skills
  • 45/91 skills
prime[i]: 1
  • 80/91 skills
prime[s]: 0

prime[c]: 0

thanks.

Edited by Groutknoll, 03 September 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#85 Talorion

• Pip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:52 PM

Is a great thing. Thank you. In some posts it is suggested to bring new content, which you can then buy. I'm ready to spend money .. (and I have already spent a lot) .. for the right content. In my age, you have no money problems ... and I think that some MWO players are a bit older. :-)) So if there was something decent to buy, then it would certainly sell well. I hope you do not just let the game die like that. That would be more than sad.

#86 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:54 PM

Thank you for adding in the purchase date and owned filters . Its very much appreciated .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 04 September 2019 - 03:24 AM.

#87 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:53 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I want to point out that "the resource" used for this was the Web Developers time about 8 to 12 hours of (when he had some available.) Our Graphic Designer was away so we knocked this up based on website improvement ideas we had in the past.
We also knew we could accomplish it in a short time and it would be low risk, low impact.

Since I've now got my purchase date sorting back I'm fine with this change overall even tho I doubt anyone actually needs it. However I'm still quite sure that the Web Developer time should have been used on an actually working forum search, or at least on the forum that doesn't log you out in the middle of typing a 1000 word post, or like 2 mins after you logged in.

#88 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

Thank you, with so many mechs owned this will be a real headache saver Posted Image

Been wanting something like this for years.

#89 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 29 August 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Don't you keep a spreadsheet on mechs you have, upgrades planned, a spreadsheet of engines owned, a directory of planned skill trees, and a project under your To Do List app specifically for mechs intending to buy when on sale and saved builds? That's what normal people do, right...? Posted Image

View PostSigmar Sich, on 29 August 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

dammit Posted Image
Spoiler

View PostKuaron, on 29 August 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Freaks, both of you.

(Mine is a textfile with builds. Posted Image)

Yay! Now I don't feel so weird, anymore!! (though the fact that I have 23 sheets in my Excel book might still be a bit excessive) ... :D

#90 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hey Matt, I just wanted to say "Thank You" for the ability to sort by purchase date. That said, is there any chance that duplicate 'mechs can be displayed individually in that list? I know I have several 'mechs that I duplicated (often by buying the packs after I already had some via C-Bills), and now they only show up once, when the most recent one was purchased. Geting to see each purchase individually helps with the nostalgia trip. :) Thanks again!

#91 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:42 PM

View PostDevilCrayon, on 30 August 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

The new list is super slick. AND I kind of miss being able to see the order in which I acquired `Mechs from the old list.

Aw heck! Thanks for adding the purchase order filter!

#92 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 03 September 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

200 GSP. That's about 2 mechs and change. Or you could space it out and give your new mechs just enough of a bump to be effective. I know on my Nova Cat I spent like 24 points I had saved just to get it's mobility to acceptable levels, with it's low mounts it really needed it.

Still that's not going to make me want to play again. :I

Most of my mechs have at least 60% Radar Dep and a lot have one seismic. I've been using that 200 GSP to fill out those sensor nodes on my newest unskilled mechs to give them a little more radar defense for taking them out the first time.

#93 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 03 September 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

I've been in I/T since 1980. I long ago discovered that people who aren't in the industry are unaware of the amount of specialization that exists. And from my customer facing experience I learned that no matter what you do, no matter how many improvements you make, someone is going to ***** and moan and whine and complain about it.

Sure, I'll be that guy. But this update is not why I am that guy.

I'm that guy because in several years of playing MWO, I've seen community comments, suggestions, requests, etc repeatedly fall on deaf ears. The actions of this company in development trajectory have continually fallen wildly short of even the most modest of expectations. What was once a fun and hopeful FP community has turned into a suffer fest of sadness. Unit counts are down, player base is down. What was once a friends list of hundreds of active FP players, has turned into a ghost list. The population of this game has steadily declined due to a lack of relevant updates and content. Sorry if that is hard to hear, but its true. To be clear, I complain because I really like this game, the years spent in this game are the most fun I have had in internet based shooters, ever. Despite all of the failures, I am still here. I have loved the BT universe since the early 90's. So yeah, Its irritating when I sit around year after year and watch the devs slowly killing a game I care a lot about.

I may not be in IT, but I run a sophisticated business with several employees. It's successful in large part because I have listened to the needs and requests of my clients.

#94 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:41 AM

2 years!
2 years i begged for GSP bundles in the store!
Now it´s too late! Posted Image

#95 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

One thing that I would love to see gone is the bug that now and then the game decides out of the blue that it will switch my mechlab listings from one setting to another, and from one source of mechs to all... happens every couple of weeks to a month... anyone else find this happening to them?

You mean like fold/unfold certain classes suddenly ?!

Been there, done that, no t-shirt! :(

#96 Punnisher

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

where it goes from class to chassis, so it goes from showing what I have set, where I choose to have to click on the mech name to see the chassis I have, to seeing every single chassis I own, and all of the trial mechs as well.

#97 s0da72

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:27 AM

You can power level your mechs by purchasing 200 GSP for 10 USD.

So PGI purposely designed a boring, repetitive, and grindy leveling system to manipulate players into wanting to pay to skip it.

Then PGI offers a GSP bundle for sale telling players they are doing us as a favor to save time on all that boring leveling stuff which they designed. No one else see the irony in this? You actually have people in this thread thanking them. You are paying them 'not to play' the game.

Well played PGI well played...

#98 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

Talking instead about the "sort by" function at mechlab in game, devs might think about fixing it, if it's not too much work…

#99 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

Hello Matt Newman. The mech list does not include standard versions of the MW5 Community Pre-order ones:
CPLT-C2, WHM-9D, MAD- 9M, KGC-001.
Edit: Sent a letter to general@mwomercs.com about this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Van mw, 13 January 2020 - 03:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users