Praise For Backshot ! - Incredible Match

Achievements

40 replies to this topic

#1 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

So - I haven't done this before, but I just came from a most impressive match, on Hibernal, in which BackShot (a good player I've enjoyed fighting with and against since starting MWO play myself, in earnest, back in April of this year)... astounded our team with a mere Flea !

We were up, at one point, 8-6... when Backshot got my damaged Cougar with...as you might guess...a back-shot ! I finished the round with 488 dmg (5th on our team, as it turned out), though this would pale in comparison to what BackShot accomplished for the opposing forces, and I wish I'd realized he had snuck up behind me as I engaged his Atlas buddy, because who knows how things would have turned out then ? Posted Image

----

In any case...what followed (after BackShot had made it 8-7 with my destruction), was something truly magnificent, and probably the most impressive feat of individual skill and resolve that I've personally been in-match to witness, since I began playing this game !

BackShot basically "soloed" the rest of our forces ! - (after a few more had fallen on each side, including an AFK / DC Timberwolf for his side, near their starting base / spawn). He somehow managed to take out our final 3 mechs (a damaged Centurion, near full-armor Annihilator 2A, and a Blood Asp Prime), while they were huddled on his team's base zone (Assault Mode), trying to cap them out rather than locate / chase down his ECM Flea...!

In the final moments, he knew our Blood Asp was capping out despite his bursts of Medium Laser fire trying to disrupt the 'cap' attempt, and time was running out too (with us in the lead on Cap Status, despite the 11-11 score in the match, at that point). I watched the finale from the Asp's viewpoint, as BackShot charged out from behind cover, focusing his laser fire on the assault mech's leg armor ! Dancing around and around, the hapless Blood Asp could barely lower his view enough to fire back, as his leg was rapidly chewed away ! Finally, with a sliver left on the cap bar (with us about to win) - and scant few seconds to play in the match, the deathblow was struck, and the Flea took down the final leg of the Blood Asp, to WIN the round for our opponents !

------

I took a picture of the final scores, as well as praised BackShot in-game, as the battle ended, but felt so inspired by the performance, that I wanted to post an unsolicited acknowledgement of his feat, for the community here to consider too ! His final work ?

- Flea-20
- Match Score: 754
- EIGHT kills !!! Posted Image An ACE OF SPADES - the first I think I've ever seen someone get in-game
- 1041 damage !!!

---------------------------------------

So...yeah, despite the problems with the game that veterans have long-commented on, over the years, and despite the issues that persist even now (in some respects), I think it's great that we can still have 'moments of legend' like this, where you can have a blast with this game, and happily acknowledge the 'work' of an opponent too. We have a good camaraderie here, from what I've been able to see in my half-year of playing this game, and I thank players like BackShot (and many others) for doing what they can to welcome new people in, and continue to inspire them with matches like this one !

o7 all

Edited by Rosh87, 03 September 2019 - 09:06 AM.

#2 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

Thank you buddy, appreciated. :)

By the way, the last guy wasnt the ANH but a BAS, and i think he had the possibility to shoot me while i was hugging his legs, since i think he had lasers in the arms. Maybe he kept them locked for reasons...I dont know.

Anyway i think that would not have been achievable if the red team had one top tier player. Their mistakes made that possible, but that was still some hard work.

https://youtu.be/xal70jijfBI

#3 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:24 PM

Being totally objective, i think this topic is the best one so far and needs an UP.

#4 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:36 AM

LOL Backshot.... BUMP

#5 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

moar liek a 'bumpshot'

#6 L057FUNC710N

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:26 AM

All hail Backshot and if you think his Flea is something, you gots ta see his epic Direwhale.

#7 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

Just because I like Backshot, BUMP! LOL

#8 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

Damn thats been a long time a good topic has not been on top ?

#9 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Buttshot - nice congratz!
Posted Image

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:48 AM

View PostRosh87, on 03 September 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

- EIGHT kills !!! Posted Image An ACE OF SPADES - the first I think I've ever seen someone get in-game
- 1041 damage !!!

Ahem....

Posted Image

Plus two johnny five's because you know... why not...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:53 AM

Nice tier 4 scores.

#12 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

If you dont have a video proving you earned those kills with some merit. Aka no lock-on point'n'lick, Please dont try to come steal my glory in my topic.

Edit: actually if anyone can come up with a video of a similar performance with a flea 20 i am willing to share the glory.

Sorry vgl 3 pilots, this is about skill here.

Edited by BackShot, 31 October 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Your topic? OK little buddy, you did a good job a couple months ago. Well done :3

#14 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostBackShot, on 31 October 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

If you dont have a video proving you earned those kills with some merit. Aka no lock-on point'n'lick, Please dont try to come steal my glory in my topic.

Edit: actually if anyone can come up with a video of a similar performance with a flea 20 i am willing to share the glory.

Sorry vgl 3 pilots, this is about skill here.

Yeah.

It's a pretty short list and I think we can all name off the pilots who are capable of doing this.

#15 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

this the guy that's always trolling with the meme ferret?

#16 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

A stellar performance for sure. Beautiful to watch.

And as added entertainment there is that guy with the russian accent who chimes in from time to time. A 36 percentile player giving "advice" to a 96 percentile player.

... when Backshot got my damaged Cougar with...as you might guess...a back-shot !

Well, your LT was damaged. But he got you in the CT twice without you even twisting half a degree.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostMr Andersson, on 31 October 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

And as added entertainment there is that guy with the russian accent who chimes in from time to time. A 36 percentile player giving "advice" to a 96 percentile player.

Okay then, 97 percentile player reporting in for duty. huehuehue

Ain't that difficult to farm a bunch of tier 3-4 scrubs with a stealth flea. Especially with the broken xp bar tier system.
Someone said something about "skill" and a flea 20 isn't like a vapor atm noob tube..
..turns out stealth light gameplay in lower tier matchups plays very similar to training grounds vs stationary targets.

It's just that ace of spades or a 1k damage light game isn't all that special to most of us here. it's kinda meh tbh.
What's way cooler is this part:

I think it's great that we can still have 'moments of legend' like this, where you can have a blast with this game, and happily acknowledge the 'work' of an opponent too. We have a good camaraderie here, from what I've been able to see in my half-year of playing this game, and I thank players like BackShot (and many others) for doing what they can to welcome new people in, and continue to inspire them with matches like this one !

#18 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

Man. Y'all a bunch of debbie downers. Good job Backshot. Carry Wolf International!

#19 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 01 November 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Okay then, 97 percentile player reporting in for duty. huehuehue

Ain't that difficult to farm a bunch of tier 3-4 scrubs with a stealth flea. Especially with the broken xp bar tier system.
Someone said something about "skill" and a flea 20 isn't like a vapor atm noob tube..
..turns out stealth light gameplay in lower tier matchups plays very similar to training grounds vs stationary targets.

It's just that ace of spades or a 1k damage light game isn't all that special to most of us here. it's kinda meh tbh.
What's way cooler is this part:

Good situational awarness dude. By the way, my flea doesnt have stealth. Oh and this is a tier 1 game.

Anyway feel free to come with your own video buddy i will share my glory with you.

Need more haters, i want this topic UP for long :D

#20 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

Yes but as we all know, Tier doesn't equate to actual skill. Just follow the now 12 page thread where people keep responding to the troll puppy for that... 17,000 plus matches and zero signs of improvement beyond being a low skill/ability player. Tier is a sorting system and there are plenty in tier 3 who can be matched into games with tier 1s and end up being way better players than the guys with the tier 1 badge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users