1 reply to this topic

#1 izoli

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

While in-game, if I get that Mixrosoft/XBOX Windows Key + G to broadcast notification it instantly freezes the game and sound loops and I get a fatal crash error. Microsoft claims that the notification can not be turned off, has anyone else experienced this and how can I fix it?

I am playing in Fullscreen mode as playing in Windowed mode before would crash the game if I got a notification that overlayed the game. This seems to be the same issue but cant be cured because it overlays even when in fullscreen.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

Disable the overlay itself.

How to disable the Game Bar in Windows 10
[color=#000000]
When playing a game on Windows you can press Windows key + G on your keyboard or hit the Xbox Button on your gamepad to bring up the Game Bar. If you want to disable this feature then follow the steps below:
[/color]
  • Right click on the Start Button at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Go into Settings, and then Gaming.
  • Select the Game Bar on the left.
  • Hit the switch below Record game clips, Screenshots, and Broadcast using Game Barso that they are now Off.
How to disable Game DVR
[color=#000000]
Game DVR is a part of the Game Bar which records your gameplay in the background, allowing you to quickly save a moment from your gaming session at will. While this is useful for capturing those surprise moments that make gaming so fun, it also takes up a fair amount of your system’s resources, so if you’re having performance trouble then disabling this feature can help.
[/color]
  • Once again, right click on your Start Button.
  • Head into Settings and then gaming.
  • Click on Game DVR.
  • Hit the switch below Record in the background while I’m playing a game so that shows as Off.
How to disable Xbox Game Monitoring
[color=#000000]
This particular process is a little harder to turn off. Xbox Game Monitoring, unsurprisingly, monitors what game you’re currently playing, but there have been claims from PC gamers that it clashes with services such as Steam and causes performance drops.
[/color]
[color=#000000]
[/color]
[color=#000000]
Disabling this process is a little bit more involved than the others as you’ll have to head into the Registry.
[/color]
[color=#000000]
Before you do anything in your Registry, we recommend that you back up your registry filesin case something goes wrong. The registry is very much ‘under the hood’ of your machine, giving you intimate access to its inner workings so you can do real damage if you delete the wrong key or entry.
[/color]
[color=#000000]
However, as long as you follow these steps closely then you will be fine.
[/color]
  • Press your Windows Key + R, and type regedit and hit Enter.
  • Double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  • Double click SYSTEM.
  • Double click CurrentControlSet.
  • Double click Services.
  • Click xbgm. You may have to scroll down a ways.
  • Right click Start REG_DWORD on the right side of the window.
  • Hit Modify.
  • Change the default value of 3 to 4.
  • Hit OK.
[color=#000000]
The Xbox Game Monitoring Service has now been disabled. If you wish to enable it again, you’ll just need to change the 4 back to a 3.
[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users