• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.217.0
Patch Size: 13MB

Faction Play Improvements

Loyalist Faction Selection and Faction Picking in a conflict
Players become Loyalists by pledging loyalty to a Faction using the Faction Details screen.
A Loyalist player can now only pick their Faction or Alliance in a Conflict unless the conflict is Clan vs Clan or IS vs IS and the player is aligned to the opposing global Faction (IS and Clan respectively). Conflicts will not allow inter-Alliance fighting and queue balancing will be left to Mercenary Units and Freelancers.

Loyalty Points (LP) Accumulation
Loyalists gain LP for in-game actions such as Kill Assists, Spotting Enemies, protecting allies, as well as for winning matches and as a bonus on top of C-Bills and XP. Loyalists will lose LP if they team kill an ally.
The amount of LP at the End Of a Match is referred to as LP-EOM, which is the match result total prior to any bonuses from 'Mechs/cockpit items etc that give a bonus.

The rate of LP accumulation is now the following:
  • Loyalists earn 120% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for their Faction if their Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
  • Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for an Allied Faction if that Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
  • Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
  • Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
  • Loyalists earn 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between Clan and Clan Factions.
  • Loyalists earn 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between InnerSphere and InnerSphere Factions.
Queue Balancing in Faction Play
If the current queue is skewed to one Faction at the time the Match Maker tries to create a match, a Call-to-Arms (CtA) will be issued to all players in the game client who are not aligned to the over-populated Faction/Alliance in queue. Players entering the queue from the CtA will be taken to the conflict Faction select screen where they will choose which side of the current conflict they will fight for. The current short handed side will be highlighted on this screen.

Faction Play intro pages
New Faction Play introduction pages have been added to provide an overview of the game mode and player roles. These pages can be viewed by clicking the Information icon near the bottom left corner of the Inner Sphere Map screen.

"Damage Taken" Stat in End Of Round screen addition
The End Of Round screen will now have an entry for Damage Taken. This is the amount of damage taken during the match.

100 GSP Bundle
You can now purchase these bundles for 1250MC for 100 Global Skill Points that you can use to unlock skills nodes on any 'Mech.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the Marauder IIC Side Torso weapons were missing its hit box.
  • Fixed an issue where surviving players that exit match on the EOR screen will appear as Disconnected to other users.

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Patch File(s): To be provided on patch day

How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

"Damage Taken" Stat in End Of Round screen addition
The End Of Round screen will now have an entry for Damage Taken. This is the amount of damage taken during the match.

That has been one of my minor requests, another is KMDD in other than the personal tab and made as part of the Leadership board stats.... but my current and only major request...

Now for the really big stuff.. isXL brought closer in line with cXL/LFE and not dying to the lost of the 1st ST!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 September 2019 - 03:59 PM.

#3 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Independently of what the patch does:

Thanks for doing something, and double thanks for doing it to FP and trying to give loyalists a meaning!

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

FP Conquest - 1750 ticket, when?

#5 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

Your Faction Play "Improvement" is to make queue balancing more inconvenient?

How about:
Increasing Conquest ticket count a bit like Ash says above? Basically everyone want's this.
Fixing incursion wincon so you can't win by scratching the paint with a jumpsniper? (Make the wincon either destroy the base completely OR time out with most kills)
Increase the rate of siege? (it is the core game mode for FP and most people want to play it a bit more)
Make loyalty points usable for something rather than just tinkering again with how we earn them?
Do some juicy Faction Play events? (this is supposedly the "year of faction play" after all...right?)

Sorry Paul but after several empty patches this is pretty disappointing.

Damage taken on EOT screen is nice. Kind of a weird thing to prioritize at this point but still nice.

I guess turning on call to arms again might be nice as well, hopefully it improves the FP queue a bit. Just please tell me the popup is in a non-disruptive place where you don't have to click it away every time you want to open the social tab.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

My unit used to play scouting we went from playing hundreds of matches down to zero.

I see nothing in this patch to help this.

#7 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

FP Update can be found here as to the details of what is and isn't included in this patch:

https://mwomercs.com...-in-sept-patch/

#8 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Naa, I do like the direction of this patch. Really.
Yes, there is room for improvement for the gameplay of FP matches, but making you choice of unit and faction relevant at all is a reasonable first step.

Next, there should indeed be attractive options of spending/using FP points, some of the mentioned gameplay improvements, maybe scouting and/or 8on8 matches, whatever.

After killing off the already sorry FP during previous “year of FP” and earlier measures, it’s good to see something done right for a change.

Edit:
Ninja’d.
OK, looping something for ranks >20 are apparently planned.
No word about gameplay or scouting, though.

Edited by Kuaron, 20 September 2019 - 05:15 PM.

#9 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

Its nice.
Not 2 months of minor hotfix scale "patches" nice. But its nice.

Who knows. Maybe a miracle will happen and fp ques will be so poppin that we might actually be able to play in a group, and subsequently at all.

#10 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

damage taken stat's only been requested for 5+ years, glad you got around to it in the final months.

we'll see if FP picks up, but I sorta doubt it. The damage is done, and the playerbase has moved on.

#11 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 20 September 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Now for the really big stuff.. isXL brought closer in line with cXL/LFE and not dying to the lost of the 1st ST!!

Lol. That's why you put in an LFE.

#12 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

Except for "damage taken" I fail to see anything useful in this patch.
FP was killed off in 2017 by PGI and honestly those changes should've been reversed within a couple months tops.
Don't worry PGI, you can ignore me since the fanboiz will rage with epic delight!

#13 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

Still no bugfix on the server selection issue.

#14 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:43 AM

Damage taken Stat? Wow thats nice, thx!

#15 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:06 AM

What if we had two days per week, dedicated fully to scouting and siege?
Mondays for Scouting, Fridays for Siege.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 21 September 2019 - 04:06 AM.

#16 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:34 AM

I will try to play some FP after patch, if I remember to check. Don't even remember when I've last time been able to.

#17 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:48 AM

With this patch, your account will be locked to either IS or Clan unless the conflict itself is made in such a way that the Loyalist player has no option but to play as Clan (if they're pledged to a IS faction) or vice-versa. Is that really a good idea given the low population?

#18 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:18 AM

That heat bug is really starting to P@ss me off. I was hoping to see something in the patch to address it. It literally kills a match especially in FP when multiple people are hit with it. An efficient heat build is literally brought to its knees.

Please PGI, try and address this asap!

#19 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 September 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

With this patch, your account will be locked to either IS or Clan unless the conflict itself is made in such a way that the Loyalist player has no option but to play as Clan (if they're pledged to a IS faction) or vice-versa. Is that really a good idea given the low population?

Yes, I do think so.
You have to distinguish between freedom and arbitrariness.
Too much of the latter damages the illusion of doing something relevant by fighting for your side/faction.

#20 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 21 September 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

That heat bug is really starting to P@ss me off. I was hoping to see something in the patch to address it. It literally kills a match especially in FP when multiple people are hit with it. An efficient heat build is literally brought to its knees.

Please PGI, try and address this asap!

any build is brought to it's knees with this... same with the bs of losing a side torso shutting the mech down just long enough for the enemy to take it out just as it powers back up... something that is a common experience for me regardless of my heat level prior to losing the torso...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users