273 replies to this topic

#221 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostDeeber, on 22 September 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

Your analysis looks right to me, but I don't see anything odd with PGI's pricing for GSPs. PGI has just set the direct purchase price for GSPs to be no lower than the cheapest one could normally get GSPs through the MC route, otherwise anyone who's looking to buy GSPs will always just buy MC (or win it in events) and get GSPs that way.
If you're missing anything, it would be that MC (purchased with real money) goes on sale every now and then. Let's say that PGI puts on a sale with 25% bonus MC for all MC packages. USD99.95 would then get you 31,250 MC rather than 25,000 MC. If you bought the USD99.95 MC package during such a sale, then 1,250 MC (for 100 GSPs) would cost you USD4.00 (if we round up); in that case, 200 GSPs would cost you USD8.00 through the MC route, rather than USD10.00 through direct purchase.
The cheapest way to buy GSPs will be using MC accumulated from events (i.e., zero cost in real money, but obviously this will take the most time). The next cheapest would be buying MC during an MC sale, and then buying GSPs with those MC. The next cheapest would be buying GSPs through direct purchase (without using MC). The most expensive would be buying MC when not on sale, and then buying GSPs using those MC.
I think my analysis is correct, but I'm sure someone will chip in if I'm mistaken on anything. Posted Image

No different than buying MC mechs on sale and then selling them for cbills. A locust champion pays out around 2million for what is basically a 400mc purchase.

#222 lconkistador

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

Is the "temporary ceasefire" situation in FP now a bug?

#223 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

It's a rare bug, it happened once before, and there might be no one left to fix it today (?).

In the meantime let's take this thread to 500 posts.

Does the new loyalty patch allow you to keep switching your permanent Faction without penalty, allowing you to get the +20% loyalty bonus every match as long as you keep switching your permanent Faction to a currently fighting one ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 24 September 2019 - 04:32 PM.

#224 Oor Wullie

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Has this not happened after each patch now, this 1 and 2 before it. Where when the current phase ends it doesn't start up a new 1.

#225 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

I'm thinking they're going to have to extend the event again, especially if everyone's gone home, already. Kinda useless to extend a Faction event for a day, and then not be able to play Faction... Makes it just as impossible for everyone to finish the FP portion as it would have been if they'd just called it quits when it was originally scheduled.

#226 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:09 PM

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 24 September 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

I would like to patch the game. But there is no option to do so via the launcher (or steam). Can't finish the events now.

tha

Doesnt the steam version auto patch coz its on steam

I use the portal version, just run MWO Portal.exe

#227 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

I keep seeing those "reinforcement needed" popups
And I've had that "Call to Arms Notifications" unchecked for a couple years now.

And the popups even appear at the end of QP matches while still in QP, just before the matches score board appears.
Here's a 2-in1 screenshot.

https://prnt.sc/pakimq
Posted Image

#228 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

I think the patch also changed some settings to promote FW

Pretty sure I switched off those call to arms previously since FW ain't my cup of tea no more.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 24 September 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#229 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 24 September 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

I think the patch also changed some settings to promote FW

Pretty sure I switched off those call to arms previously since FW ain't my cup of tea no more.

Interesting tactic... Lets annoy the players even more then PIG has in the previous couple months of lying and ..stuff!

So I've just unchecked ALL Notifications and now I'll jump in more QP matches to see if its disabled.
OR if its time to take a break/leave MWO for a good long while.

#230 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:34 PM

Just coulda switched it off
Instead I grabbed some popcorn to watch them notifactions, Just before I search for a Quick play match
Im glad FW has some renewed interest for those playas into it

#231 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 24 September 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Just coulda switched it off
Instead I grabbed some popcorn to watch them notifactions, Just before I search for a Quick play match
Im glad FW has some renewed interest for those playas into it

Turning off All Notifications does not stop the pointless useless annoying CW notices FFS.

As for playing FW its been too many years since PGI deliberately killed off FP and refused to simply reverse their game play & community killing "updates". And when did those changes happen? Was it 2017 or 2016, well hey it doesn't really matter because after a few months of pointless effort playing the dead FP, it has left FP was dead to me.

#232 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

Has anyone noticed a degradation in FPS since the pace? I am down about 30%.

#233 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

View PostGrinster, on 24 September 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed a degradation in FPS since the pace? I am down about 30%.

Yes, yes I have. But my whole system has been weird lately. I think Windows Explorer is bust...

#234 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:55 PM

Well, too bad. Yesterday, I'd have plenty of time to finish the challenges. Today... not so much. Sad me. Posted Image

#235 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

Even though i have call to arms messages disabled, i am still seeing them popup into my mech hud screen when a match ends. This has only started happening since today's patch.

#236 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

I am so happy that I take a break yesterday from the MWO event. Looks like I could finish it today in QP. LOL

#237 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:11 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 24 September 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yes, yes I have. But my whole system has been weird lately. I think Windows Explorer is bust...

Actually. When the patch was held up I started up battletech. It was still running. killed that all good! False alarm

#238 - Gryphon -

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:09 AM

Dear developers, where is big red message "сall to arms" for FP ? Please come back it !

#239 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

oooooh damage stat, lets try that....

Damage taken in game, 1000.

Mental damage taken by PGI in the last 7 years, Priceless.

tee hee

kidding.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PGI!

#240 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:24 AM

Why I'm now mercenary without able to swap to loyalist?... WTF ? Again hot fix needed?!
P.S. 12 pages here, maybe answer is somewhere around, but actually I don't need an answer, I need ability to pick a side instead "auto assign" to mercenary!

Edited by Pz_DC, 25 September 2019 - 01:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users