• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:50 AM

So this post got me thinking:

View PostA21B, on 21 September 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

i would like to see a simple QOL addition in the mech lab can we have the stock mech quirks in a different section from the skill tree quirks? iys getting anoying always jumping into the store to see them

Mechlab QoL: Inherent quirks displayed separate from skills enhancements.
It would be nice to have those separate from the rest of the quirks. Baradul mentioned this on one of his streams as well. They could be a different color or just filtered to the top of the list in the Mechlab.

Mechlab QoL: (some) Performance stats in mechlab.
With my mere 174 of 817 variants, I start to lose which mechs I'm good at. Yes, I know the Favorites exist, but the mechs I am good at and the mechs I mark as favorite are pretty different. As it is, I have to drill into the website -> profile -> stats -> mech stats -> and wait, which ones do I own again? what mech did I want to look at? I can't sort the list unless I copy and paste it to excel.
A few valuable stats:
- Kill/Death Ratio per mech
- Win/Loss Ratio per mech
- Time played per mech
This can help pilots identify which mechs they're good at, which mechs they want to improve on. It can encourage play and help pilots set goals to shoot for.

Mechlab QoL: Increase the filters options.
Filter by hardpoints. It would be *the best* to be able to say, "today, I want to play an IS Heavy Mech that has ECM, at least 2 ballistic hard points and then filter those out without having to go outside of the client or have to painstakingly look at each of the mechs we own.

QoL: View loadouts in Manage drop decks, or even be able to filter out mechs by hardpoints before choosing to add them to a drop deck.
It is...difficult to remember which mechs have what prior to adding them to the drop deck, especially when we have multiple variants. Which ones have LRMs? MRMs? SRMs? That tiny thumbnail isn't clear enough to properly pick which mechs have what.

I get that some of this can be hard, and may even require UI redesign.
But dang, it would be nice.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

I use to use the madstats chrome extension to filter this stuff. However, my mode of gameplay has changed. Instead of choosing the best mechs, I just just whatever I feel like. I even enjoy taking mechs I'm terrible at. Good to work on them skills I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users