• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

I learned as a kid... you dont pay for something you dont have in your hand

#22 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 October 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

its not, its a joke. much like the dev studio that makes our game. i dont see anyone laughing though (at my joke that is, everyone laughs at pgi).

Ooooohhhhh.
Went completely over my head.

#23 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

Hey at least they're not pulling an Anthem and showing us a bunch of crap that isn't real :)

#24 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Clearly spending all those potential advertising dollars on MAKING THE BEST GAME THERE EVER HAS OR WILL EVER BE!!!

#25 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:18 PM

I read that R* got 1 month exclusivity on EGS but at the same time, RDR2 would be available for purchase on their own launcher. A month later, it'll be on Steam. Supposedly, Valve triggered their 30-day policy where developers who wished to release their game on Steam would need to sign an agreement that they would do so within 30 days or something? Seeing as how both R* Launcher and EGS have a bad reputation, Steam would make sure that the sales wouldn't be a massive failure during the X'mas period while at the same time, make extra cash from Epic one month earlier.

That said, there are several games that Epic have made sure that they're available exclusively on EGS and they are pretty high profile. Some games are promising as well, like WRC 8 (if anyone's a rally fan, they'll know this franchise and seemingly, WRC 8 is pretty good in terms of physics and track design to make it as real as the real thing itself). So, if PGI was contacted by Epic, then there is some promise that MW5 will be good, right? Right?

#26 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

I mean, I doubt they sent them a couple of mil without seeing the product in action... but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is butts.

#27 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 09 October 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hey at least they're not pulling an Anthem and showing us a bunch of crap that isn't real Posted Image

GTFO.... Anthem is going to seem like Witcher 3 compared to this **** show

#28 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,476 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 09 October 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Man, too bad about it being peer to peer. Press F for compelling large scale PVP.

That's probably one of the reasons for it, they don't want a large scale multiplayer mod that could compete with MWO to be easy to make.

Not sure how the modding access will look though, there are other games where large scale multiplayer and persistent world server have been modded in despite the original game being p2p. M&B Warband for example, so modding MW5 to have server based pvp may be doable.

#29 Snakesh1t

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

GTFO.... Anthem is going to seem like Witcher 3 compared to this **** show

Eh, we'll see, partially in November, and really in December.....I'm cautiously optimistic about it...and that's way out of character for me....

#30 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

PGI seems to be averse to advertising, i played MWO since UI 2.0 and in this whole time ive never seen a single ad for MWO, i only found it because i was trying to pirate MW4 and it popped up.

so its hardly surprising that they arent and wont do ads for MW5.

My experience has been that PGI will not spend a cent if they think they can get away with it, just look at the utter snails pace of MWO for the last 2 years, hell even longer. all they added was the skilltree (which honestly would have taken 2 dudes like 3 weeks to make) and Solaris (which they simply should not have done at all, without 24 player FFA it was a literal waste of money, people could already 1v1 each other).

I stopped playing MWO the second they announced no more mechs or updates.

Im expecting MW5 to be exactly like MWO, over-hyped minimally viable product. plus almost no mechbay, that alone guaranteed that i wasnt going to touch it (who limits customisation in a single player game? theres literally no argument, if some people didnt want full customisation than simply dont fully customise your mechs?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users