Jump to content

Pug Life


15 replies to this topic

#1 Racerxintegra2k

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

Been skipped over 4 times in a row as a pug in Faction Play. Nothing more infuriating than being there to see 0-1 and then 12-14 and I get left behind. PGI kills my unit ... then makes it impossible to avoid the Potato Tornado.

#2 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, you gotta make an effort to add people and get TS/Discords if you want to get consistent games.

I've played like 15-20 games today.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

Dude, if even I can get into groups in FW, then anyone can. Just make friends, have a chat with streamers, laugh and when a spot opens up, ask if they'll add you. They will.

#4 Racerxintegra2k

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 13 October 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Dude, if even I can get into groups in FW, then anyone can. Just make friends, have a chat with streamers, laugh and when a spot opens up, ask if they'll add you. They will.


Sometimes you just want to hit faction play and play dude. I have tons of Teamspeaks/Discords i can go to and group up. I know tons of people in various units etc etc but i just wanted to PUG real quick and cant.

#5 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

Need to get that WLR up then.

Supposedly when there's groups it is supposed to grab the strongest peeps. I get lots of pug matches, but TBQH they're frustrating as **** because people bring bad builds, trial mechs, or don't know how to play the maps.

#6 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:07 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 13 October 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:


Sometimes you just want to hit faction play and play dude. I have tons of Teamspeaks/Discords i can go to and group up. I know tons of people in various units etc etc but i just wanted to PUG real quick and cant.


Ah, that's what you meant. Sorry, I didn't understand that correctly. Yeah, I agree with you on that regard. It should be easy to get into FW as a solo but we have MWO where you can't play with friends reliably in QP and you can't drop as a solo in FW when there are less teams involved. But there are times when you can solo drop in FW if there are at least 3-5 teams on each side.

#7 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 7,031 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:12 PM

Anytime I wanna drop FP, I at least get into a Group of 2.

Never have to wait that way, a simple 2man is easy to form usually.

#8 Racerxintegra2k

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 13 October 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Need to get that WLR up then.

Supposedly when there's groups it is supposed to grab the strongest peeps. I get lots of pug matches, but TBQH they're frustrating as **** because people bring bad builds, trial mechs, or don't know how to play the maps.


Dude i officially became a mech dad 2 months ago ... WLR means very little to me. When you don't have time to super group up for the WLR boost you just try to up that avg match score.

#9 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

You don't need to super-group to be over 1.0 doing mostly pug maps.

Just have to choose good mechs and make decent decisions.

#10 XDevilsChariotX

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 12 October 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Been skipped over 4 times in a row as a pug in Faction Play. Nothing more infuriating than being there to see 0-1 and then 12-14 and I get left behind. PGI kills my unit ... then makes it impossible to avoid the Potato Tornado.


If you'd like add me in game. I'm fairly newish to FP and drop solo quite often as well and I have also listened to the advice given so far in this thread. It gets real easy making friends to group up with. Plus, it has made me much better in FP going from like 650-1000 damage match to 1500-2000+ now.

#11 BROARL

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 227 posts
  • Locationinvasion

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 13 October 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Sometimes you just want to hit faction play and play dude. I have tons of Teamspeaks/Discords i can go to and group up. I know tons of people in various units etc etc but i just wanted to PUG real quick and cant.


i feel your pain. Faction play often NEEDS a few PUGs to get the games going and PUGs are always welcome.
the reality is that the less you play the less likely you are to be able to PUG into faction as players with the most games seem to get priority as PUGs.
this is fair, faction is not built for PUGs, but keep trying because there are many times we are stuck at 10/11...

#12 Racerxintegra2k

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:32 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 15 October 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

You don't need to super-group to be over 1.0 doing mostly pug maps.

Just have to choose good mechs and make decent decisions.


W/L is a funny thing for me. Last season i was 96th percentile. 339 match score and a K/D of 1.9 ... but a W/L of .84 i swear the match maker hates me. Half my matches i obliterate the other half my team melts and i'm left getting jumped. *shrugs* i'm sure i could be doing something different to be better but again ... Mechdad > MWO Champ

#13 vonJerg

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:40 AM

PUGing is fun, be it solo or in a pair, you never know how bad it will go, but that is not what bothers me. What bothers me are:

1.- suiciders/afks/disconnects that occur on first sign of trouble. If you signed in for a fight then fight it out, do not flee. At least have a decency and write some made up excuse for afk-ing before you do. The worst thing is when FP veterans do it, leaving you out with a few "C"adets in trial mechs and bunch of mostly QP ppl

2.- ppl, mostly in decent sized groups, stacking defense side. Last night I watched as for 8 countdowns defenders were sitting at 28 and attackers at 10, and those 10 trickled in 1s and 2s. Stacking as a group on defense, and waiting for Call-To-Arms to bring the lambs for the slaughter, really? Ya shmucks! And no, you were not hunting Primo and boys, as they went to sleep 2 hours before that. Ya double shmucks!

#14 BlaizerP

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostvonJerg, on 17 October 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:


2.- ppl, mostly in decent sized groups, stacking defense side. Last night I watched as for 8 countdowns defenders were sitting at 28 and attackers at 10, and those 10 trickled in 1s and 2s. Stacking as a group on defense, and waiting for Call-To-Arms to bring the lambs for the slaughter, really? Ya shmucks! And no, you were not hunting Primo and boys, as they went to sleep 2 hours before that. Ya double shmucks!


This annoys me too, although I doubt it would change the outcome on most matches.

#15 Puglife

    Rookie

  • Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:35 AM

You don't choose the pug life.....

#16 Xaat Xuun

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 741 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:36 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 13 October 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Anytime I wanna drop FP, I at least get into a Group of 2.

Never have to wait that way, a simple 2man is easy to form usually.

that's what I do,
just 3 of us left, so sometimes we're 3
though had not much problems going it solo, only been kicked out once, this past week
I'll switch sides if need be, to get a match





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users