#401 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostVxheous, on 05 November 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

What the "matchmaker" has been observed to be actually doing is poor matching being made worse as unskilled players eventually filter into Tier 1 over time. That makes for a poor matchmaker. If the system cannot differentiate between a player of Bows3r's caliber, and a player of GuardDogg's caliber, and assume they're equal (they're not, regardless of what the Tier 1 badge says) then you are going to have unbalanced matches, over and over. Which is what we have now.

My commentary is about "intent", not "quality". I don't think I need to comment about the latter more than what you and others have already said. This is PGI we are talking about. Posted Image

#402 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 05 November 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Now, you are one of those guys who like to argue (Salt and a troll) of nothing. Write about the main topic, instead of wasting more pages. I have made my point. Tesunie made the last word, and leaving it there.
No. Main topic has been perfectly covered by about three pages worth of actual content this thread has, including my own explanation on how PSR has entered failure mode. I am merely wasting some of my free time to make sure you do not get positive reinforcement for your bad behaviour. The last word simply will not be had.

I do not know where you have learned to behave like that, but I do not want to be a part of teaching that it works by letting you feel like you won. In just about any other medium on the internet, that kind of filibustering would get you banned, and in just about any public venue it would get you thrown out. Please learn to behave better for your own sake and for the sake of other forum users.

#403 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 November 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

… they might as well throw it out completely and just go with random teams ...

I've been saying that exact same thing ever since PGI dropped it for "a better matchmaker". Posted Image

#404 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

#405 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:55 PM

View PostGagis, on 05 November 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

No. Main topic has been perfectly covered by about three pages worth of actual content this thread has, including my own explanation on how PSR has entered failure mode. I am merely wasting some of my free time to make sure you do not get positive reinforcement for your bad behaviour. The last word simply will not be had.

I do not know where you have learned to behave like that, but I do not want to be a part of teaching that it works by letting you feel like you won. In just about any other medium on the internet, that kind of filibustering would get you banned, and in just about any public venue it would get you thrown out. Please learn to behave better for your own sake and for the sake of other forum users.

Yes, I said my point. Tesumie closed it. "Last word". Their is no winners, and their was no losers. So now you are just wasting space.

Edited by GuardDogg, 05 November 2019 - 03:05 PM.

#406 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 November 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nope!

Posted Image

#407 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

This thread has gone too far off topic and into personal insults and harassment, to put an end to this inappropriate behavior this thread is now locked. Please show respect to your fellow MechWarriors on our services or you will be moderated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users