Having Played A Bunch Of Other Pvp Games Lately, Mwos Balance And Lack Of Cheats/exploits Is Really Good

164 replies to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

So I've been playing For Honor and Mordhau and a few other shooters lately and it's really driven home how good balance in MWO is. I mean sure, there's always bitching about balance and a scale to things but by comparison MWO is very well balanced and cheating/exploiting almost non-existent by comparison.

For Honor, for example, people adjusting their upload speed so that you don't get as much warning on their moves is common. Running into someone lag switching or using a common auto-block cheat is something you'll see probably 30% of your games once you're out of the newbie rankings for matchmaker and it's just considered 'how it is'. There's no real expectation that it's going to be fixed either. Mordhau has a raft of balance issues so bad that people cheating/exploiting isn't even on the radar yet. Conan has had a raft of cheats and exploits since release that are still unpatched. Like gamebreaking stuff.

The only other shooters out there in the same category are ones that have been around even longer than MWO which is saying something. Rainbow 6, TF2, those sorts of games have a decent balance and functioning systems in place to at least keep cheating and exploits to a minimum.

While I don't really play MWO right now I thought it was worth mentioning that a lot of the expectations it gave me for gameplay are considered unreasonable in most other PvP games.

Not that I haven't done my fair share of complaining but I do want to make sure I give credit where it's due. Balance in MWO is really good compared to 95% of other PvP games and steps to prevent exploits and cheating are top notch.

#2 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

balance is good unless there are trash tier mechs you really want to play or maybe you like small lasers, and dont want to gimp your team by using either of them.

maybe this game just has too much stuff to balance.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 October 2019 - 08:20 PM.

#3 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 October 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

balance is good unless there are trash tier mechs you really want to play or maybe you like small lasers, and dont want to gimp your team by using either of them.

Challenging yourself is trying out a micropulse laser mech and getting polar highlands as a map but still managing to smash it out.

#4 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

I wonder when the next ban-wave of cheaters will happen, maybe just 3 at most lol.

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:16 PM

^That sounds like the salt of someone who got beat in Solaris.

#6 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 24 October 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

Huh? where the hell did you get that from? lol.
But if you want me to clarify what I actually mean, I'm talking about how small the actual chance of cheaters being in MWO because of the playerbase.
1 player was banned earlier this year because something happened and just started rage cheating and when you include the playerbase total there's a chance of 2 more being present but that's the maximum.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:48 PM

View Post50 50, on 24 October 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Challenging yourself is trying out a micropulse laser mech and getting polar highlands as a map but still managing to smash it out.

i kind of want a stock arbiter for hard mode.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 October 2019 - 09:49 PM.

#8 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

Conversely I suspect that if you suddenly banned everyone cheating and exploiting in several games I've played lately the matchmaker would break completely.

#9 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:35 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 October 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

So I've been playing For Honor and Mordhau and a few other shooters lately and it's really driven home how good balance in MWO is. I mean sure, there's always bitching about balance and a scale to things but by comparison MWO is very well balanced and cheating/exploiting almost non-existent by comparison.

So you take two objectively horrible games for comparison and make a positive conclusion. k

Cheating/exploiting is non-existent in MWO because 1) there are hardly any players left 2) there is no point in cheating because it is extremely easy to be better than 95% of the playerbase, all you need is just basic spatial awareness 3) there is no point in cheating because due to hilariously easy events one only needs to play a moderate amount of matches to get loads of MC and thus have access to all in-game content.

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 October 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Balance in MWO is really good compared to 95% of other PvP games and steps to prevent exploits and cheating are top notch.

Yeah right. Thats why why have seven Solaris divisions, and even given that there is still an infinite power gap between the best and worst mechs in each. Go take a MystLynx and 1v1 a VaporEagle, see how that "balance" goes for ya.

#10 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:39 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 October 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

But I like small lazors with HPPCs in my GHR.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

View PostCurccu, on 25 October 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

But I like small lazors with HPPCs in my GHR.

That's because you need 'em to push up the PPCs to the shoulder mounts, not for killing the enemy. Posted Image

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 October 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

That's because you need 'em to push up the PPCs to the shoulder mounts, not for killing the enemy. Posted Image

Nope I can get PPCs to shoulders without SLs but I simply like SLs if you get enough of them they actually hurt decently when stacked with awesome damage per heat ratio within HPPC dead range
something like this GHR-5N (don't have exact build available atm.)
If I could get SLs and Piranha-2 mixed somehow it would be super!

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 24 October 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostArmored Yokai, on 24 October 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Huh? where the hell did you get that from? lol.

It's becoming a habit of his.

#14 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

tinfoil hats engaged! people who play video games can aim, more at 8:00!

#15 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

View PostMrSomaru, on 25 October 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

that's a lie and you know it! anyone who headshots you, or can hit a damaged component outside of 800m is obviously a hacker!

#16 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:21 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 25 October 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

that's a lie and you know it! anyone who headshots you, or can hit a damaged component outside of 800m is obviously a hacker!

Especially if they stand still, and studied hitboxes!

#17 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

"That tiny range 16 point alpha is pretty much useless for killing anything unless you are cheating, you can only harass. And fleas die way too easily so they are basically useless to the team. Oh and stealth is pointless on anything but cold maps because you will overheat."

People give me the best input. I am grateful.

#18 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostMrSomaru, on 25 October 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

And they can warp around not taking damage then all of a sudden stop when they have to fire :P

#19 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

View PostMystere, on 25 October 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

I would post a screenshot of what I'm talking about, but I cannot.

Maybe not go for the meme when you don't have the same information :P

#20 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 October 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I would post a screenshot of what I'm talking about, but I cannot.

Yes you can! I'll post my stats of me beating your fully armored meta vulcan and teammate viper who failed to bring down my ERPPC Atlas with an XL (This is something you can never get the drop on me with Poopootelis!)

Though I did get beat in Solaris by 1 guy and he was crazy good, I was just shocked because I would beat other higher tier players and he was one of those underdogs that never played and he definitely wasn't hacking.

Posted Image

Edited by Armored Yokai, 25 October 2019 - 04:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users