I Can't Play The Game At All (Disconnects)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

I'm not sure if I am just whinging, but it has become impossible to play this game anymore.

I get around 4-5 disconnects just trying to log in. I then get a few more just trying to join QP.

Then I get them mid game. I die, or otherwise fail to help the team, and then get automatic time penalties.

It simply isn't possible to play the game anymore and it started after the patch on the 30th. I can't seem to stay connected for more than a few minutes.

I've rebooted my router, re-installed the game etc. Nothing works. I get great internet (<2ms ping, 1.6Gps down, 3 Gbps down). All other apps and connectivity is fine etc.

What can I try next?

#2 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:10 AM

Another game.

And that's not being smart, it's just eliminating your side of things. If you play fortnite or something else and that works fine you need to contact PGI.

#3 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Well I fired up warframe, and of course it works perfectly.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Did you flush your DNS? ipconfig /flushdns

Location, ISP, wired/wireless or combination?

Also patch time happens when Windows 10 also pushes out updates. And by default Windows 10 will also update device drivers. Look at your windows 10 update history for more info.

Try using a VPN. It may help by bypassing problematic router systems. (copy/pasted the following from another post)

That you were able to connect using a VPN means there is an issue somewhere between your computer and the servers (primarily gaming servers). When you are disconnected, do you go back to the front end or do you have to relog back into the front end? There are two main servers, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) and the game servers (regional).

Essentially, VPN is covering your tracks (hiding the packet types and volume) while also rerouting your pathway from your system, through your ISP to the net (several jumps) to PGI ISP then the servers.

Flush/reset your Net connection..

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).

Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).

Choose Command Prompt (Admin).

When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.

Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.

Restart the computer.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 November 2019 - 05:36 PM.

#5 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:14 AM

View PostZETECTIC, on 03 November 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Well I fired up warframe, and of course it works perfectly.

That is a ripper game, but, not for me. However, Mycrus, is a master of that game. (So he tells me.)

#6 Trump Card

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:57 PM

Try this;

- Open the "Profiles" folder located at Local Disk > User > User > Saved Games > MechWarrior Online.

- Cut and paste the folder for the account you're having problems with to your desktop.

- Now start MWO and log in. MWO will build a new profile folder with default game setting. Does this stop the disconnection problem? If so, there may be a conflict between the game setting and your system. For instance, a game setting that is incompatible with a new piece of hardware (ie.converting from a computer monitor to a large flat screen TV without first changing the ingame resolution setting to the new TV's native resolution, ect.) causing the game to crash, freeze or disconnect.

- If it doesn't fix the problem remember to copy and paste>overwrite the folder back into the games profile folder.

Hope this helps.

#7 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:57 AM

This game is just piece of unstable sh*t!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users