#61 Kef

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 444 posts
  • LocationMunich / Tamar-March

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Copy from sarna.net

Catapult CPLT-C1 Jenny "Butterbee" - The personal ride of MechWarrior Jenny Templeton, this variant of the Catapult replaces the standard arm-mounted LRM-15s with a quartet of SRM-6 missile launchers, two in each arm.

Whats the true Catapult-C1?

#62 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

I love the Catapult as a mech and glad to see it for the initial release, but I really don't like the snub nose on the rework. It emasculates it, or in a way neuters its appeal. The sharp "beak" of the original gives it an aggressive look. I have liked all of the reworks sofar, but I feel, and its just my opinion (and wont keep me from playing it in the game :-) ), that this one might have been better suited left alone.

#63 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Thank you Flying Debris. Finally a not DCM mech and a one mostly used in Capellan Confederation. I fell in love with this design, it isn't that old bulky part of Mad Cat anymore. It's a piece of art in modern times now, can't wait to see more, but right now, I'll just wait for a normal size version of the picture. Who knows, maybe (if Shadow Hawk won't make it into the game) I'll fight in this mech to help Metro, Kyll, and all other friends from Capellan Confederation in battle.

Edited by Adridos, 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#64 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

Wait what? Why speak like there is going to be no mechbay. There will be a mechbay right? Could have sworn I read that!

#65 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

i'm waiting for the high res image to be posted to the media section... daddy needs a new desktop background!

#66 Banzai

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

That is beautiful. Looks more like a war machine and less like a chicken.

#67 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

What a sexy bitch! :)

#68 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

View Postroh, on 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

Wait what? Why speak like there is going to be no mechbay. There will be a mechbay right? Could have sworn I read that!

Sorry to dissapoint you, but we never got annoucement on them not being, but even being in the game. It's all in the stars for now. :)

Oh and Banzai, I agree 100%. :)

#69 Hjorhrafn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Now that is a thing of beauty. This is how to do a redesign of a fan favorite correctly.

#70 Stonewall

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOn Point

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Absolutely stunning. Can't wait to use one, hopefully it won't be extremely easy to hit the head in this game.

#71 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'll just have to ape what everyone else has already asked for. Higher rez image and a K2 version please!

#72 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

View PostHjorhrafn, on 28 December 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

Now that is a thing of beauty. This is how to do a redesign of a fan favorite correctly.

But it means Alex has to think of a completely new design for Mad Cat, because if I imagine this with more transparent armor, the box behind cockpit and lasers on sides, I can't see a Mad Cat, so it will probably look differently.

#73 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Well, let's give it the fair due... I have this blown up in my graphics editor, and I've been looking at it for a while, now... even glued my Cat mini back together for the sake of comparison.

My biggest problem was the cockpit area... the rest of the 'Mech looks astoundingly good, delicious even, to parallel a phrase used to describe the M1 Abrams tank once.

I didn't like the blunted nose, initially, but it does make the 'Mech look meaner than it ever has; I'm just so used to the pointed nose and rounded cockpit that, to give any other possible design any credence, it's had to fit into that mold... until now...

The "square"-ness of the cockpit, behind the blunted nose, bothered me, frankly, but it doesn't any more, because now it looks more like a fighter plane cockpit. In fact, the glass work on this is superb and far more practical than previous designs. The air inlets behind and toward the top of the cockpit shield are a very nice touch, and I could actually see those being hand-holds to get into the 'Mech cockpit, as in the real world with today's fighter planes.

The medium laser mountings to the side and also slightly behind the cockpit are an extremely nice touch, also more like the guns on a fighter plane.

The Liao insignia absolutely HAS to go. The color scheme's not too bad, though Hayden might need to wash it out to be able to get alternate camo schemes on it.

In all previous iterations of the Catapult, there's never been a properly designed mounting area for the 20-racks, and AI has managed to capture what should have been done all along.

One of the things Weisman and Babcock explained they wanted -if you read the Shrapnel article- was something of a World War I and II fighter pilot concept, like MechWarriors are edge-of-their-seat dog fighters, and this design honors that, in spades. Overall, this design makes more sense, again has more of a military purpose to its look, and is another magnificently done specimen of work. I just needed a few minutes to wrap my head around the design.

AI... amazing work, man... beautiful... kudos!

#74 Psychobob

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Ah, it does me good to see you old friend

#75 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Just cool baby, just cool.

But little surprise IMO, after all those speculations about ghostly mech leg :)

#76 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Dayum that thing is sexy!

#77 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 December 2011 - 12:05 PM, said:

The Liao insignia absolutely HAS to go.

Why do you hate us? This mech is mainly used in CC, so it deserves Liao insignia on it. :)

P.S. Anyone had luck with reading those red words? I think it's "massacre" 2x, but I'm sure just about the lower one.

#78 sNeepTray

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

Finaly they downsized the cockpit to a more realistic size :)

verry nice and awesome work :)

#79 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 28 December 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

If I had to make 1 suggestion, it would be to shorten the arms enough so that their position doesn't hang so low.

I completely agree with that one.

#80 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

Cat looks great. very pleased

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users