Jump to content

So It's Been A While. Group Still Sucks For Couples.


10 replies to this topic

#1 Toffa

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

Howdy All,

Patched and logged in after almost 2 years out. Wifey did the same.

Played a couple solo drops to 'get the back into the groove'.

Grouped up and got ready to drop together.

Sat for 15-20 mins in group queue waiting for a match.

Logged back out without having played a single game together.

It comes to something when you spend more time watching a little yellow circle go around than the average round lasts.

Any tips for a couple returning to MWO to get games together?

Toffs
( '-')7

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:56 AM

Group queue is dead for any but the most populated NA prime time. You can group into faction play, though.

#3 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 7,239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:38 AM

GroupQ is basically DeadQ outside of NA prime as per above.

If you are/were searching around the time of your posting the thread, that is Oceanic prime... There hasn't been games in GroupQ for 2 years+ there and it only got worse with a 30-40% playerbase drop since then.

NA Prime for GroupQ or sync drop into SoloQ.
FP is 50/50, hard to say during Oceanic, depends on the cycles and players.

#4 Humble Dexter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:21 AM

As I already said, it would be nice if Quick Play allowed players to create a group of ~2 players, if only as a premium time option...

But 3-4 grouped players is all it would take to completely ruin Quick Play for everyone else, as already demonstrated in the past.

It would be a gold mine in both premium time purchase and new player retention if PGI bothered to do this.

#5 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 7,239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:38 AM

As many have already stated Groups, if any size, should never be allowed in SoloQ.

Let Solo into Group but never the other way around.

#6 Willard Phule

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,422 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:55 AM

You won't have to wait nearly that long to get into an FP match.

That's the current design model, by the way. FP gives priority to groups over solos, QP favors solos over groups.

#7 Kotzi

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:53 AM

I doubt that it is a deliberate design choice. SQ is fastest because MM can just pitch 12 guys into a team. FP is faster because there seems to be more people left playing FP than GQ, it can use Solos and afaik there are less restrictions MM wise.

In the end GQ doesnt suck for couples, it actually sucks for everyone who wants to play with friends in a group.

Edited by Kotzi, 12 November 2019 - 06:57 AM.


#8 Mystere

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,773 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

View PostToffa, on 12 November 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

Any tips for a couple returning to MWO to get games together?


Couples should be playing something/somewhere else ... unless of course it's a bet on who gets to be on top. Posted Image

#9 GeminiWolf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 740 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostMystere, on 12 November 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:


Couples should be playing something/somewhere else ... unless of course it's a bet on who gets to be on top. Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Vellron2005

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,082 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:48 PM

View PostToffa, on 12 November 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

Howdy All,

Patched and logged in after almost 2 years out. Wifey did the same.

Played a couple solo drops to 'get the back into the groove'.

Grouped up and got ready to drop together.

Sat for 15-20 mins in group queue waiting for a match.

Logged back out without having played a single game together.

It comes to something when you spend more time watching a little yellow circle go around than the average round lasts.

Any tips for a couple returning to MWO to get games together?

Toffs
( '-')7


Either play Faction Play and get stomped by premades, or Sync Drop and have a good chance of playing in the same match, but against your wife.

Group que is practically non-existent at this point.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 12 November 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:


Either play Faction Play and get stomped by premades, or Sync Drop and have a good chance of playing in the same match, but against your wife.


Not that the chances of getting stomped by premades in GQ were any different back in the days... Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users