Automatically Engage Override At Start Of Round

6 replies to this topic

#1 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:21 AM

A lot of players prefer to play with shutdown overridden. I think this would be a great feature to have in the gameplay settings. Hitting O at the beginning of the round is not a big deal, but having a chebox somewhere would be a good quality of life improvement and very simple to implement.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 16 November 2019 - 02:22 AM.

#2 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Maybe the real issue would be to make override a bit harder to use...

Like when you select override your heat consumption increases and/or your heat dissipation decreases, so it's no longer the dumb option you just automatically switch on at launch and forget about that it is now : Taking the risk of "NOT" switching it on, is rewarded with better heat management.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

^ No.

#4 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

Or just learn to manage heat.

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 18 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Or just learn to manage heat.

Well automatically engaging override is what you do once you've learned to manage heat.

Because once you have it's less risky to engage override then not.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:43 AM

And then players would have it checked, override automatically, and die in their light mechs at the slightest heatspike.
I say no, Override should always be a conscious decision during an actual match not a setting for the lazy.

#7 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

Hahah I love this community only here can a benign option which literally just replaces hitting "O" at the beginning of the round be labeled as something convoluted and bad that shouldn't be done.

All experienced players play with override on, it allows you to push the heatscale more and crank out additional DPS at very little cost.

I mean I know this game is at the end of its life and this feature will never be implemented, but to be met with such resistance at a simple improvement and streamlined suggestion speaks volumes about this community. Great one guys!

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 November 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

And then players would have it checked, override automatically, and die in their light mechs at the slightest heatspike.
I say no, Override should always be a conscious decision during an actual match not a setting for the lazy.

But it is a conscious decision, it would not REPLACE manual override, it would be an additional setting that would streamline things.

I've already turned off voip and even chat in the game, might as well stop dipping my nutsack into the toxic waste that is this forum and enjoy the final days by just playing MWO.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 20 November 2019 - 09:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users