- - - - -

Why A Penalty ?

1 reply to this topic

#1 the wee free folk

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:03 AM

Hello Piranha why when the game that you make, crashes on my very normal windows 10 computer that falls well within the max specs needed to run this game. Do I get the penalty and have to wait . . . even longer to join a match that I currently do already, which has got to be the longest wait time on any game I currently play. All of which I run on a Linux disto either in a virtual windows box or under proton within steam . You should be ashamed of yourselves.

That said I do so love this game.

Sorry for the above rant . . . I was just so annoyed .

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

There are computers that fall with the max specs needed, then there are computers in that same boat which are not stable. Over the last 2 years I may had 3 sets of series of crashes which was caused the OS behavior (Fast Insider Program - 2nd system , redoing OC settings or major OS update which reinitialized OS driver updates.

If you are getting long penalties then you are having multiple disconnects/crashes and/or team damage/killing that is building up.

https://mwomercs.com...-1432-03nov2015

This link is for team killing/damage penalty patch below.

https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

The breakdown of the current penalty levels follow the same structure as the existing Disconnect Penalty system:

• First Penalty: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search.

• Second Penalty: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Third Penalty: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Fourth Penalty: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Fifth Penalty: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

Each subsequent penalty beyond the Fifth will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

Along with this new Penalty System, every point of Team Damage you inflict will now incur a -21 C-Bill penalty to your End of Round rewards.

Disconnect Penalty System

The automated penalty system releasing in this patch is intended to penalize players for intentionally disconnecting from matches in which the player has not yet been destroyed. Once a match has been found and you are placed into the map and game mode voting screen outlined above, all 24 players are considered to be 'in' an active match. If a player disconnects from the match prior to the destruction of their 'Mech, whether they are still within the voting screen or in the match itself, the player will have 3 minutes to reconnect before a disconnect penalty level is applied. If they reconnect to the match before the 3 minute timer expires, no penalty level will be applied. Once a player has been flagged with a penalty level a delay to their next matchmaking search will be enforced (whether solo or group). The duration of the delay is determined by the current penalty level.

For cases where the disconnect was not intentional, the 3 minute timer is intended to provide players with sufficient time to re-join the match in question. If circumstances prevent a successful re-join within that 3 minutes, the first penalty level is a mere 10 second delay toward the next matchmaking search. It is only when a player purposefully disconnects from multiple matches that the real penalties will begin to pile up.

This is a breakdown of the current penalty levels:

• First Disconnect: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search

• Second Disconnect: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search

• Third Disconnect: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search

• Fourth Disconnect: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search

• Fifth Disconnect: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search

Each subsequent disconnect beyond the Fifth Disconnect will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users