Can't Walk Forward/back With Xbox One Controller

11 replies to this topic

#1 FlyinJ Petrol

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:56 AM

In Mechwarrior 5:

So I can strafe and look around, but pushing forward or back on the walk stick does nothing.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by FlyinJ Petrol, 10 December 2019 - 10:57 AM.

#2 FlyinJ Petrol

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:01 AM

Is anyone using an Xbox controller able to walk forwards and backwards when in the hangar?

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

No. Was able to use it with mechs in demo but it didn’t have any fpv hangar stuff. Other thing is that I’ve been playing on k+m and haven’t even tried to make it work through the game settings.
Afaik some of the issue might stem from not having bindable keys for those sections in the game, as they are meant to be limited in interaction and more focused on setting up ones next mission through the console. The hangar is just supposed to provide players with the sense that they are actually on a drop ship.

#4 Senso No Okami

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 11 December 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

No. Was able to use it with mechs in demo but it didn’t have any fpv hangar stuff. Other thing is that I’ve been playing on k+m and haven’t even tried to make it work through the game settings.
Afaik some of the issue might stem from not having bindable keys for those sections in the game, as they are meant to be limited in interaction and more focused on setting up ones next mission through the console. The hangar is just supposed to provide players with the sense that they are actually on a drop ship.

It's not just the hangar. The game won't let you input anything onto the analog sticks, which is sort of the reason for using a controller. Just like it won't let you input anything on mousewheel up and down.

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

I just tested my xbox one controller and it works fine in mission!

#6 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:07 PM

Same here, using PS3 controller. Can we still get a refund?

#7 FlyinJ Petrol

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 11 December 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

I just tested my xbox one controller and it works fine in mission!

Can you walk forward and back in the hangar?

It works ok when you are in an actual mission, but I can't walk forward or backwards in the hangar using it.

#8 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

No, I can only stafe left and right. I also can't interact with npcs even tough I set up interact buttons on my gamepad. Mech controls work fine tho.

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

From what I can tell this is the control layout
Note still haven’t tried customize buttons.
Left analog - throttle and leg direction. Up accel, down decel. decay is off. Left turns legs left, Right turns legs right.
Digital pad - used for changing your firing layout in-mission. Pairs with ‘Y’to select or deselect the highlighted weapon system.
Right analog - torso and aim. Up/down controls vertical axis, right/left, horizontal.
Right analog button - target enemy
Right trigger - weapon group 1
Left Trigger - weapon group 2
Right bumper - weapon group 3
Left bumper - weapon group 4
A button - center torso to legs
X button - cycles zoom
Y button - select or deselect a weapon group from the firing system. Used with the D-pad.
B button - center legs to torso
Start button - pause game. Can’t unpause.
Select button - no idea

That’s the default layout. I find it hard to aim vs mouse but haven’t messed with sensitivity.
Hope someone finds this useful

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

Try turning the joystick sensitivity up for both vertical and horizontal, under controls in options.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 11 December 2019 - 01:37 PM.

#11 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

View PostNeoCodex, on 11 December 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Same here, using PS3 controller. Can we still get a refund?

1/10

#12 Gurith

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:33 AM

Hello,

Could you please indicate if you are using a standard english keyboard?
I have a french keyboard and even after remaping the forward and left keys , I cannot move along those directions in hangar (but in mech it is ok)
I suspect the keymapping is different between hangar and mission and you only can modify the mission key mapping in the option.
As cumputer uses the controler to acutally emulate you pressing the keyboard I suspect the mapping is where the issue comes from.

(can you try to switch your keyboard to emulate an english mapping by pressing alt+shift and see if the controller is then working fine?)

Edited by Gurith, 15 December 2019 - 08:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users