Audio Alert Game Has Started

1 reply to this topic

#1 Gerakis

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

I often alt-tab out of the game while waiting for a match to load. It takes forever to get into a match, like at least 2 minutes every time. That way I can browse the web or whatever. However if I don't check periodically I can end up being a minute late to the match, which puts me way out of position compared to the rest of the team.

I want a loud alert noise to play as soon as the match starts. The moment I have actual control over my mech. Play it in the same channel as the VOIP chat, because I cant hear game sound effects other than players talking when the game is minimized. Just something so I know its time to alt-tab back in. This seems like it would take 5 minutes to program. You can even make it an option under audio if you think it will bother players.

Failing that, make getting into a match happen faster somehow. I don't know how, that's your problem. Just do it. Maybe give 15 seconds for players to load instead of 75 seconds. Most people have SSDs nowadays. And 5 seconds to vote on a map instead of 20. Thats a full 1:15 saved every single match right there.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:09 AM

I agree that such audio signal would be neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users