#21 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:12 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 09 December 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

Does it really matter at this point? They said there'd be some trailers and we had those. There's supposed to be one more, probably to coincide with the release 'cause I remember in the last AMA that there'd 1 in November and 2 in December.

PGI have already been paid to cover the initial sales and cost of development. It's probably enough to start working on something extra. In the meantime, more sales is just a bonus and there's something to look forward to when MW5 releases on other platforms.

So, I ask again. When users who are upset at MWO, dislike MW5 'cause reasons, then is there any reason to hype up a niche game?

Shrugs
One of the reasons given why they went with an Epic exclusive was a bigger budget for marketing
So you tell me when there is no marketing if it was worth going Epic exclusive

#22 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 09 December 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Shrugs
One of the reasons given why they went with an Epic exclusive was a bigger budget for marketing
So you tell me when there is no marketing if it was worth going Epic exclusive

Really? I don't think the bigger budget or any budget for marketing had anything to do with EGS exclusive. PGI made the deal to make sure that they get paid upfront. That's about it really. I don't think PGI then had to worry about the initial sales anymore. Just anything on top was a bonus.

#23 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:53 AM

IIRC Russ said that the Epic deal made them enough money to hire additional staff to fix some problems, get a writer to go over the story and have some money left for advertisment.

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 10 December 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

IIRC Russ said that the Epic deal made them enough money to hire additional staff to fix some problems, get a writer to go over the story and have some money left for advertisment.

No wonder they took the deal then.

#25 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

From the few deals I have heard they all make sense from a companies point of view.
One indy dev I talked to said they got enough money to finance two more games or keep the company aflot for the next year without selling anything.

From my own experiance as an ex-Freelancer I have to say if someone would throw that kind of money at my face for something I planed to put on the platform anyway at some time and people beeing more consumers then costumers...yes I would take that deal and sleep very well.

#26 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

If anyone finds hype outside the current MWO circles (e.g. these forums, OutreachHPG and NGNG comments), please let me know. I'd like to see it.

#27 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

Well there are youtube videos from reviewers who clearly had the game ahead of the rest of us, since they're further along the campaigns AND they had time to get the videos uploaded to youtube only hours after the keys went out.

#28 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:00 PM

And gave a positive review, fancy that.

#29 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:56 PM

Honestly the campaign is excellent. Loving it, a lot of fun. I enjoy walking around the dropship and looking at my mechs, I enjoy the look and feel, I enjoy the merc recruit/level/gear grind mechanics, all of it.

This is the game I wanted. The new AI is good fun as well.

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:06 PM

lol. Just saw this recruiting mercs.

"Offering his services at a low rate, Capt. Bowser is well-aware of what he offers. Low quality piloting at an affordable rate."

#31 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:39 PM

Yah some of the discriptions are funny. Capt. Good: "he thinks he is THE mechwarrior hero the IS need. I think we can agree he is crazy" or something like that it was.

Also did anyone else had the mission to destroy a coffee warehouse to lower the moral of the enemy?

#32 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:55 PM

Looks like CohhCarnage is streaming the game. That's definitely helpful for exposure outside the oldtimer circles.

#33 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

God damn it. Bowser keeps blowing up the stuff we're supposed to protect.

Seriously, that n00b. It's hard to find good help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users