#21 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 09 December 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

With 20,000 posts here on the MWO forum, you seem to have gotten your money’s worth from participation within PGI’s MWO Community alone.

Early Faction Warfare was all I could have ever wanted. Everything else has just been icing on the Big and Stompy cake. :bow:

Yeah I had my moments, and you are absolutly right about the Early Faction Warfare (sure stuff that did not happen should have happened, but instead the did something totally different and made FactionWarfare over night a GhostTown with Season 3)

But the first months of FactionWarfare were glorious.

#22 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

something to watch while you wait for MW5 to drop

#23 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:44 AM

or maybe not. That vid got uploaded by accident against an embargo and is now re-uploaded by the same shitposter that usually trolls with Teamkill vids. Don't give him klicks.

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 10 December 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

or maybe not. That vid got uploaded by accident against an embargo and is now re-uploaded by the same shitposter that usually trolls with Teamkill vids. Don't give him klicks.

How did that person even get the early copy from PGI anyway?

#25 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

I was asking this myself. The answer is simple: He didn't. The first upload was by the content creator seen on screen. Probably by accident and it got removed shortly after.
The video Davegt27 linked is a reuploaded version by the same douchebag that keeps posting teamkill videos.

#26 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:15 AM

46% downed, All Systems Nominal! : )

#27 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

Through the first two missions of the Campaign and lov’in every Big Stompy minute of it! : )

Great job Team PGI! :bow:

#28 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 10 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Through the first two missions of the Campaign and lov’in every Big Stompy minute of it! : )

Great job Team PGI! :bow:

Glad you're liking it. There are some issues with the game, however. So, there could be some patches coming soon (hopefully). Hope nothing breaks.

#29 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

Tencent owning stock in Epic is irrelevant. They own stock in Reddit too. Owning stock in no way, shape or form gives you any proprietary access to anything. You get stock reports and earnings calls and such that are all public info.

You can play the game without the Epic launcher, so the fact that the Epic launcher is bad doesn't matter.

HOWEVER -

exclusives are toxic, just like they are for XBox and Playstation. It's a **** practice and as such I absolutely avoid supporting that as much as possible. It's worth mentioning however that exclusives are a mainstay of console gaming and have been for a long time and they don't have a timeframe they're exclusive for, often it's forever.

The game itself is excellent. I loved playing it today, I feel my money and my time were well spent and it's a great single player Battletech/Mechwarrior game. It's a good thing to take a moral stance on stuff but we're not talking politics or civil liberties or anything here, just stompy robbit games. I hope you enjoy it, I and everyone I've been playing with has loved it.

#30 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 10 December 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

The game itself is excellent. I loved playing it today, I feel my money and my time were well spent and it's a great single player Battletech/Mechwarrior game. It's a good thing to take a moral stance on stuff but we're not talking politics or civil liberties or anything here, just stompy robbit games. I hope you enjoy it, I and everyone I've been playing with has loved it.

From the initial look and the issues that I've had with the keybinding and lack of quality shadows, I think it hasn't made a great impression on me. I did like the demo though. I have a feeling that the more I play, the more it is going to be like a FPS version HBS's Battletech. There's also the possibility of mods.

All-in-all, I liked Battletech but I did find it lacking in a lot of areas. The mods or I should say, THE MOD (Roguetech) fixed basically everything for me except it made the game lag a lot. Hopefully, adding mods to it won't be as bad as in Unity and doesn't make the game run bad. I get that Battletech has a terrible problem with memory leak and it is compounded by RT's addition of a lot of loose files. So, here's hoping for good things when I get to start playing MW5 properly later today. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users