Mw5 "missing" Missions

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arrow Flint

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

I will often travel to a system displaying missions on the star map... but missions aren't actually offered. It seems to happen most often w/ high risk / reward missions.

Is this a bug or is there a "game" reason for this?

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

Could be related to time. I'm thinking some missions are time sensitive and if you don't get there within a set number of days, it expires. It makes sense, you wouldn't expect an already on-going conflict to wait for you indefinitely?

If so, I could see a context sensitive pop-up showing how many days left until the conflict will be over being handy. Issue with that is then you are saying a mission resolution should be predicted, which some might have issue with.

#3 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

I'm sure when you are in a high reward quest system, that you have to accept the message in the top right of the screen.
I've only done one and that is how I done it.

#4 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

View Postv4skunk, on 14 December 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I'm sure when you are in a high reward quest system, that you have to accept the message in the top right of the screen.
I've only done one and that is how I done it.

Quite this. It is a bit misleading that the map speaks of two missions when the first step actually is to just decide which side to join before the actual missions are generated (often in other systems).

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostArrow Flint, on 14 December 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I will often travel to a system displaying missions on the star map... but missions aren't actually offered. It seems to happen most often w/ high risk / reward missions.

Is this a bug or is there a "game" reason for this?

Accept first then travel.
If you do not accept first, the mission will expire by the time you get to the system. If you accept, the game will hold it available while you travel.
(Note if you wait first for repairs and such, there's a chance it will expire anyway).

Edited by Koniving, 14 December 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#6 Arrow Flint

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Accept first then travel.
If you do not accept first, the mission will expire by the time you get to the system. If you accept, the game will hold it available while you travel.
(Note if you wait first for repairs and such, there's a chance it will expire anyway).

Yeah, I didn't know this, I just showed up looking for my mission. It still showed on the galactic map. Thanks for clearing this up. They could definitely make the UI a bit more explanatory here.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

View PostArrow Flint, on 14 December 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

Yeah, I didn't know this, I just showed up looking for my mission. It still showed on the galactic map. Thanks for clearing this up. They could definitely make the UI a bit more explanatory here.

There's a help "?" in the upper left of most windows that can bring back the tutorial for each page. I admit I sped through the first bunch because I could barely read them (playing in a living room kinda far from the screen).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users