Jump to content

Mw5 First Hour For Me


37 replies to this topic

#21 Odanan

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,133 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

View Postv4skunk, on 11 December 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Where is the MW5Mercs forum? I have incredibly grainy gfx no matter what graphical options i turn up/down, including screen resolution.


Have you tried unchecking "sharpening" (or something). That worked for me.

#22 v4skunk

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostOdanan, on 11 December 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Have you tried unchecking "sharpening" (or something). That worked for me.

Yes ive changed all the settings. The best way to describe the quality is like dithering.

#23 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:45 PM

There's a good article about optimization on PCGAMER: https://www.pcgamer....qChIQy7okT4_oBg

#24 GuardDogg

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:55 PM

I am sure someone will mod the graphics. Furthermore the drop-ship mechbay looks like it can hold a few vehicles (tanks, mobile headquarters, helis, etc), for a escort mission. Future modding.

Edited by GuardDogg, 11 December 2019 - 11:56 PM.


#25 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

View PostAlfred VonGunn, on 10 December 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:


Not as annoying as the 1st Mech that shows up if you don't spot him fast:)


The spider?
Unfortunately, as you'll see in my video, my encounter with it was pretty dull.
I discovered I could out-speed the spider so I closed in with it and wasn't very nice.
Then I felt the tanks attacking me were a bigger threat so I ignored the spider and it ran away, so I had to chase it down again and finish it.

When he first appeared I ignored him to shoot some helicopters.

View Postv4skunk, on 11 December 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yes ive changed all the settings. The best way to describe the quality is like dithering.


There's cockpit glass....
I noticed it in certain spots too particularly on the Centurion.

#26 Jackal Noble

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 4,826 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:42 AM

Man this game is ******* sweet

#27 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:37 AM

So.
I had my first desperate situation.

And my first defeat.

Desperate situation.
Two mediums appear, and I'm helping a Jenner that's been holding his own for apparently a week because of how long it took me to get him. Claims his lancemates perished (no bodies and no related salvage) and that he's been attacked constantly...
Never even thought to turn on the generator for the turrets but asks me to do it (like...if you bothered to do that earlier your friends would still be alive, and like... how did you forget to turn them on?)

Wave after wave of enemies. Okay, done.
Two mediums show up.
Assassin can shoot directly behind himself, so after being pegged from back a couple of times by PPCs in my Javelin and chasing the Assassin, the enemy AI splits the Griffin after the Jenner and I deal with the Assassin.
Leg's broken. Arm's broken.

I walk my way over. Jump from behind a rock, shoot at the griffin.
I'm suddenly the target. Jump back behind the rock. Wait it out. Come back for another strike, he turns his attention toward me again and more aggressively.
I use a building for cover, he loses interest and goes after the Javelin, on the way he puts a PPC into the turret generator. Well damn.

Had to actually think about how to handle it. But handle it I did.

No deaths yet.

Next mission. Centurion in the field, Jenner in tow.
Seems pretty run of the mill. Wife sees a tank now that she's watching and is like "Oh that's so cute it's like a little tank!"
"Watch this." I go to stomp on it and a Hunchback comes around the corner "Oh...****..." But I already wanted her to see it so I went and stomped on the tank and tried to get away. my wife's like "That's so mean. You're a bully."
Boom.
Jenner's dead.
I realize this is not the assassination target, so I gun it to outrun the Hunchback, get stuck on some terrain, get free... and somehow the Hunchback (the same one) is ahead of me despite leaving him high on a ridge behind me.
Well ****. Already had the issue that I forgot to buy new AC/10 ammo... and this situation was not looking good.
Ammo explosion.
Lost lasers.
Aborted mission.
Unlike what Russ said about partial payment for abandoning a mission but having given it a real try, I got paid nothing and am now 3-4 million in debt.

Didn't die, but I may as well be dead, I'm in debt.

#28 Jackal Noble

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 4,826 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

sounds like a good experience.

#29 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

I played that mission in my 4 ML Javelin. I managed to get some repairs done just as they were announcing the incoming dropship with the 2 Medium mechs. Once I found them, I learnt that it was a Griffin and an Assassin. After hitting the Assassin with two alphas, I realized that the Griffin was pretty accurate and I went straight for his RT. I took out his weapons and left him for the Jenner while I dealt with the Assassin who was pretty badly hit by now.

It was a decent outcome.

#30 OZHomerOZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:37 AM

Im up to the save first lance future lance mate mission.
Been a blast.
For the spider reverse and keep it in front of you is my tip

So far salvage has all been tier zero stuff
so I just sell it

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 12 December 2019 - 03:38 AM.


#31 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:49 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 12 December 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

Im up to the save first lance future lance mate mission.
Been a blast.
For the spider reverse and keep it in front of you is my tip

So far salvage has all been tier zero stuff
so I just sell it


For me, since I was using the Centurion, all I had to do was run after it.

The full story of my first meander.

#32 overheal

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:38 AM

I feel like memes will happen about the Hunchback in the early assassination contract

#33 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 December 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

I played that mission in my 4 ML Javelin. I managed to get some repairs done just as they were announcing the incoming dropship with the 2 Medium mechs. Once I found them, I learnt that it was a Griffin and an Assassin. After hitting the Assassin with two alphas, I realized that the Griffin was pretty accurate and I went straight for his RT. I took out his weapons and left him for the Jenner while I dealt with the Assassin who was pretty badly hit by now.

It was a decent outcome.


How'd you get repairs done in the field? O_O

View Postoverheal, on 12 December 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

I feel like memes will happen about the Hunchback in the early assassination contract


I confess, it was literally coming around the corner when I went to stomp on that tank...
And when it teleported in front of me, it was again coming around the corner.

Posted Image
I swear every enemy's using Creed's Tactical Genius.

#34 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 December 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

How'd you get repairs done in the field? O_O


There are two generators that you can switch on. One is for the turrets. The other, which is mentioned at a later stage of the mission, is for the Repair Bay. So, you can switch on the generator, walk into the Repair Bay and press and hold the "Interact Button". The screen fades a bit for a few seconds and you come out in a slightly better condition than before. The world doesn't pause while you're being repaired.

#35 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 December 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:


There are two generators that you can switch on. One is for the turrets. The other, which is mentioned at a later stage of the mission, is for the Repair Bay. So, you can switch on the generator, walk into the Repair Bay and press and hold the "Interact Button". The screen fades a bit for a few seconds and you come out in a slightly better condition than before. The world doesn't pause while you're being repaired.


I didn't hear him very clearly I thought it was another one for turrets which had me wondering how the quick turret job got two generators.

I had to take that Griffin and the assassin on with no repairs, and I did it. (Video going up tomorrow or the day after).

#36 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

Good news is that's one less thing to add. Instead just make sure it can do what I need since my mod would include the possibility to melt heatsinks and flush coolant (drop heat but also significantly impair the heatsinks", I felt it necessary to have ways to replace it. Also need a good reason for the coolant flamer used by coolant trucks to cool off mechs.

#37 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 December 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

I didn't hear him very clearly I thought it was another one for turrets which had me wondering how the quick turret job got two generators.

I had to take that Griffin and the assassin on with no repairs, and I did it. (Video going up tomorrow or the day after).


The Repair Bay shows up on the mini-map as well when you switch on the generator. I was in the Javelin doing that mission and the repairs came in handy.

#38 MrXanthios

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostButton man, on 10 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

I am hoping to enjoy this but first impressions are underwhelmed by graphics


Finally, someone with eyes.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users