Help On Raid And Demolition Jobs.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:13 AM

at rank 9 and above (level 50ish missions) I can't do either one of these without arms being shot off at the very least. I get swarmed and spend most of my time shooting tanks and helicopters or those big *** fliers. I do not like losing Gauss etc.

I've tried parking my team on a demo run to try to pull heat off me etc. while zooming around with 6 machine guns.

On raid I *successfully* tried doing it in a light, solo, but could never make it to my dropship for ex-filtration before my legs are shot out.

Anyone able to do these without generally more losses than gains? How are you doing it?

#2 MiG77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationThird tree from the left

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

I just use 3 biggest, baddest mech that I can use (IE assault to yourself and 2 heavy to lance mates, etc) and just kill everyone on RAID missions. AI generally priorise you over your lance mates so you need to have most armor. Kill those VTOL's first, then tanks (AI uses PPCs very effectively on these) and last MECHes (try to stay out of their weapon range when you kill VTOL and tanks)

On demolition, enemy spawns endless waves so when you at the target ignore most of them. Focus on destroying buildings (MGs are very effective against buildings)

Edited by MiG77, 23 December 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#3 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:12 AM

Park you companions about 600m outside and run around crashing buildings. Start with walls and other hard to destroy structures (big buildings) until 50% when the first wave comes down. Then hurry and run through the easily destroyed buildings until you get to zero. Then kill the wave or run home.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:17 AM

Use good pilots Posted Image im use full leveled 31up to 37 Pilots and im give this Guys AC2 Black jacks (have good Laser and ballistic skills) Jenners with LRM 5 and 4 MLaser , or Jägermechs, Riflemans and ShadowHawks and Whammys and no SRMs , only LRMs...Black jacks better as Phoenix Hawks im thinking , the PHs easy lost arms and Legs , the BJs have very faster Firerate with AC2

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 23 December 2019 - 05:20 AM.

#5 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:33 AM

The highest I have done so far is 45's. I take my 80 ton victor with AC20 BF for me, SRM quickdraw Kintaro -18 for best AI, Then blackjack and trebuchet. Treb runs high end LRM 15, Srm 6 and med lasers. Try to at first hold around LRM range of base to kill first response defenders. Then move up on base. In the little lull AI guys will start to take out buildings. Next wave I move into base and just start smashing only stop if it looks like AI lance getting into trouble, then back to smashing. AI will try to hit buildings if no immediate threat on them. I did have one were I accidentaly triggered the spawn from two bases at once. That one was a dicey.

Edited by Sabertooth1966, 23 December 2019 - 05:43 AM.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:22 AM

Machine guns and just hose continuously anything in range.

#7 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

there are a few different ways to go about this, I'm guessing your soloing and not Co-op.

if the area is open but with walls, I'll place lance in the the open, inside the base, even an open no wall, right on the target.

hills and walls, I attempt a split, place lance on one side, let enemy attack lance, then rush in alone, and pretend I'm Hulk doing the "Hulk Smash". thing.

in the end of any objective completion, there are 3 fliers that show up, look for them, they aim bot Posted Image , they will target the weakest part of you, if you're back is cored, hope you kill them before running back to Pick-up, same for bad legs

most times I . . . oh wait we're talking raids

I just range raids

still true about the end, there will always be 3 fliers

#8 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

Update: Using the hero Cicada, which runs 133km, I was able to solo a level 70 raid and this is what it looked like afterwards -- I'll take it!

Posted Image

Edited by Thorasta, 23 December 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#9 Carmaga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

Uhm... Just take a light mech and run like hell with difficulty 75 missions. They are ¤"%¤%"¤%" if you run with a hevy/assault.

Edited by Carmaga, 05 January 2020 - 03:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users