I Wonder If They'll Patch The Self-Healing Legs

19 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

on the mechs... you shoot a leg off a mech (or have your own shot off) and after a few seconds the effects are ignored.

#2 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 December 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

on the mechs... you shoot a leg off a mech (or have your own shot off) and after a few seconds the effects are ignored.

It's not ignored exactly. You can run on a broken leg, but at about 2/3 of your top speed.

It's actually pretty similar to how it was in MWO a few years back, where getting legged brings you almost to a standstill for a few seconds before you can start moving again.

It's really annoying to leg a light mech and have it start running again before you can finish it off, but I imagine it would also be just as annoying to get legged yourself and have to limp everywhere.

#3 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 11 December 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

It's not ignored exactly. You can run on a broken leg, but at about 2/3 of your top speed.

It's actually pretty similar to how it was in MWO a few years back, where getting legged brings you almost to a standstill for a few seconds before you can start moving again.

It's really annoying to leg a light mech and have it start running again before you can finish it off, but I imagine it would also be just as annoying to get legged yourself and have to limp everywhere.

Well given if your legged you should fall over and be completely screwed it is still a big crutch

Edited by Alfred VonGunn, 11 December 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#4 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

View PostAlfred VonGunn, on 11 December 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Well given if your legged you should fall over and be completely screwed it is still a big crutch

You don't realize how awful that would be?

If anything, it would make the game even easier. As is, legging targets is useful in that it makes them easier to hit. If losing a leg kills a mech outright, there would be no reason to to shoot a mech anywhere else.

#5 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:22 AM

Its a consequence of perfect convergence. Technically shooting exactly CT is always going to be better than farming off two legs which represent more total combined HP. Remember in classic battle tech, hit locations came down to a dice roll the majority of the time.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:36 AM

I've been legging Mechs as an attempt to preserve them for salvage.

However, so far, no Mech that I've destroyed by legging has shown up on the salvage screen.

Which sucks.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, I was hoping at least some parts of either the Assassin or the Griffin would show up at the end of that mission. Sadly, all I got was an AI pilot and his Jenner.

#8 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 December 2019 - 02:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I was hoping at least some parts of either the Assassin or the Griffin would show up at the end of that mission. Sadly, all I got was an AI pilot and his Jenner.

That pilot has quite a high skill ceiling so he's worth keeping.

Me - I sold the Jenner and Javelin and all my stuff to buy the world's worst Shadowhawk. Not clever Posted Image

#9 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:52 AM

That pilot that was in the Jenner died two missions later on me...

#10 KelseyJr

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:26 AM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 12 December 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

They're constantly getting injured for me but I'm still using them around 10 hours of play after I got them. Their skill thresholds are FAR above anyone else I've found. Do you drop with them injured?

#11 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:47 AM

No you cannot drop with injured pilots. You either delay missions while they recover or keep extra pilots on roster to substitute in as required by injuries. Same with keeping extra mechs in inventory to swap to. Some of the contracts involve multiple-missions run back to back, which you cannot make repairs or heal injured in between. So you either end up taking damaged / fewer mechs into the next mission(s) or you swap to fresh/healthy ones from your existing inventory & roster.

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:59 AM

While it's annoying to have legged enemies get back up to like 75 or 80% of their speed I get why - otherwise I'll get 1 leg off an enemy and it's an easy kill. Same in reverse - with 3km gaps on maps I don't want to end up legged or a legged teammate and deal with that.

#13 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 12 December 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

Never put him in the Jenner. A commando or Firestarter are way more survivable despite being lighter, the Jenner is just a death trap.

#14 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 December 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

However, so far, no Mech that I've destroyed by legging has shown up on the salvage screen.

Which sucks.

Head shotting is like 90% guaranteed to net you salvage, though nearly impossible till later in the game when heavies are so dumb and like to stare at you for several seconds.

#15 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 17 December 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

Never put him in the Jenner. A commando or Firestarter are way more survivable despite being lighter, the Jenner is just a death trap.

aren't the weapons in the arm on the Jenner, and only 14 armor ?

#16 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 December 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

Which sucks.

I'm pretty sure it is random. I've legged plenty of mechs that showed up as salvage. I've also had them not show up as well. I'm pretty sure there is RND involved in what actually shows up. No clue about head shots, i've yet to pull one off.

I have noticed that assassination missions and legging them, they show up a bit more often, but perhaps that is just RND tricking me.

#17 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:14 PM

seems when I forget to use my negotiation points, many mechs are in Salvage Posted Image

crazy, I'm at having 20+ points can be place for salvage, and all I see are T0-1 weapons, and no mechs. Posted Image

#18 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:18 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 December 2019 - 02:58 AM, said:

Wait...the Griffin didn't show up in the salvage choices?
I got the option to use 15 salvage shares for that ... though being early game, I only got total 6 shares...

#19 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:02 AM

As was mentioned, wether you are offered a destroyed mech for salvage or not is random. Rumour has it that legging or head-capping increases your chances, still there's no guarantee.

#20 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:12 AM

I headshotted an LRM Awesome and it showed up in the salvage. I have headshotted Orions and Marauders. None of them were available. Obviously, I couldn't have picked any of them 'cause of the bloody salvage shares. So, it really doesn't matter in the end. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users