Arm Weapon Loss.

9 replies to this topic

#1 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:34 AM

Right now i feel that there is a very clear reason to min max this game by NEVER using the mechs with expensive arm weapons (PPC, AC20 etc).

The loss of arm mounted guns is very crippling to your economy and i suggest avoid using mechs like warhammer (TWO ppc in the arms!) and Victor (AC20) at all costs.

I think that the game needs to be patched in order to introduce a chance to recover a weapon that has been lost IF it was mounted in the arm component.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 13 December 2019 - 05:43 AM.

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:43 AM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 13 December 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

Right now i feel that there is a very clear reason to min max this game by NEVER using the mechs with expensive arm weapons (PPC, AC20 etc).

The loss of arm mounted guns is very crippling to your economy and i suggest avoid using mechs like warhammer (TWO ppc in the arms!) at all costs.

I think that the game needs to be patched in order to introduce a chance to recover a weapon that has been lost IF it was mounted in the arm component.

You are talking about MW5, right?

Yeah, I never liked how in Battletech TT there is much more chance you get shot in the arms instead of anywhere else. But at least MW5 is not like MW2, where arms had huge hitboxes and it was nearly impossible to hit the torsos without destroying the arms first.

#3 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:51 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 December 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

You are talking about MW5, right?

Yeah, I never liked how in Battletech TT there is much more chance you get shot in the arms instead of anywhere else. But at least MW5 is not like MW2, where arms had huge hitboxes and it was nearly impossible to hit the torsos without destroying the arms first.

Have you played the game? The bots GO FOR THE ARMS if they see a weapon in it. Especailly something like PPC, AC20 or large laser. I literally cant sustain my squad anymore because they kill the AC20 on one of my teammates.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 13 December 2019 - 05:51 AM.

#4 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

which game? you forgot to specify one in the title thus leaving your whole question vague and unanswerable...

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

dont get a jagermech, i have to change the autocannons practically every mission, and the arms only have like 32 armor points max. but it does give me something to do with all the tier 0 gabage i get from salvage. save your high tier stuff for your torso mounts.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2019 - 08:20 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 13 December 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

which game? you forgot to specify one in the title thus leaving your whole question vague and unanswerable...

i feel like there's a lot of threads like this today. i figure with people bombing gd with mw5 posts and other mw games in protest of the lack of official mw5 forums. pgi's options are to add a new subforum to the mwo board, have moderators move threads to an approved location, or to bite the bullet and set up mw5 forums. though at present im sure they are too busy working on point releases for mw5.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2019 - 08:24 AM.

#7 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:37 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 December 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

i feel like there's a lot of threads like this today. i figure with people bombing gd with mw5 posts and other mw games in protest of the lack of official mw5 forums. pgi's options are to add a new subforum to the mwo board, have moderators move threads to an approved location, or to bite the bullet and set up mw5 forums. though at present im sure they are too busy working on point releases for mw5.

they've only had how many months to make preperations and adjust an existing forum structure/hardware environment.. they've known this and have chosen to just ignore it..

#8 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 13 December 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

Have you played the game? The bots GO FOR THE ARMS if they see a weapon in it. Especailly something like PPC, AC20 or large laser. I literally cant sustain my squad anymore because they kill the AC20 on one of my teammates.

So the bots... are playing smart?

#9 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:56 AM

If this issue is not adressed, then the meta will devolve into min maxing the mechs which have their best slots in torso. Something like stalker variants.

Things like marauders, victors, warhammers and jagermechs will be safely ignored.

#10 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

The meta is already find decent mechs > dump bad ones

There are only a handful of good mechs; even if you're only playing them stock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users