No replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:45 AM

So, to give you guys a short intro, I sent a ticket a couple of days ago to PGI regarding how it is impossible to map scroll up and down to anything in the game. I got a reply from "GM Zen" as a temporary fix and the devs are working rectifying it. So, anyway, here's what you should do...

1. Go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\MW5Mercs\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2. Open the "GameUserSettings.ini" using any text editor like Notepad ++

3. Find the line "InputTypeToActionKeyMap". The formatting is bad here as all of the commands are in one loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong arse line. So, find what you're looking for carefully there.

4. Say you want to change the following...
(ActionName="ToggleView",BoundedKeys=((Key=V)))

What you need to do is the letter "V" to anything you want. For e.g., if you want to add mouse wheel to it, just make it look like (ActionName="ToggleView",BoundedKeys=((Key=MouseScrollUp)))

Keep an eye on the brackets as that's very important. Now, you can scroll up to change between 3rd and 1st person view.

Why I was so particular about this is I toggle chainfire on the fly and I don't keep separate groups for it. So, if weapon group 3 has 6 MLs, I can toggle chainfire when I want and deactivate it. But to do that, I'd have to use the arrow keys to first highlight weapon group 3. Instead, now I can scroll up and down to move from weapon groups 1 - 6 left to right.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 15 December 2019 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users