#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:25 AM

MW5 is a mechdad port of MWO so they can feel like a mech pilot hero! lol

Edited by Monkey Lover, 17 December 2019 - 01:25 AM.

#22 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

View PostHumpday, on 16 December 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

Thats the wrong audience. This game is not marketed to general audience. Its design itself, is clearly meant for people already "into" battletech. The core audience resides on PC, not console. Hell, kids(anyone born after about 1984ish) don't even know what battletech is. Its business.

Kids/younger dudes/girls aren't going to run out and buy a battletech game, especially one that has no marketing behind it. Anyone who bought this game, has already played previous titles, that is the sole reason why it sold.

Sure, no "young" person will buy the game because of the Battletech IP. But it still works as a "stompy robots wreck stuff" game.

You can play MW5 without any knowledge of Battletech. PGI even streamlined lots of clunky legacy tabletop stuff like the 10 minimum heatsink rule. Why would they do this if they think that old BT fans are their only possible target audience?

So anyone who played Titanfall (2), any japanese mecha game or just generally likes the idea to control gigantic stompy things could be the target audience. For most players other than us the Battletech IP is not necessarily needed to create a good mech experience.

And if PGI really plans a console release then of cause they won't spent their entire marketing budget now on the PC release where -as you said- most battletech fans already know that MW5 exists.

Edited by Daggett, 17 December 2019 - 03:27 AM.

#23 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:52 AM

What bothers me is the subpar choices that had to be used to make the game usable on a console. The deployment of enemy forces ( terrible spawn points ) is clearly an issue that consoles have due to inability to run more intense programing choices, the poor graphics, the dumbed down pilot leveling ( notice there are no player choices here ) the upgraded weapons based on pips ( poor mechanic ) due to the inability again of the console ability to handle more intense issues. This is total a rip off for PC gamers. I believe they released it first to PC as if they would have released to console and PC, PC gamers would have balked at the simplicity of the design, and rightfully so. I blame myself for it though. Piranha has done nothing for battletech games and we were so hyped to get a MW merc game we didn't see the warning signs. Looks like another decade before we'll have a chance to have a good battletech game.

#24 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 17 December 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

What bothers me is the subpar choices that had to be used to make the game usable on a console. The deployment of enemy forces ( terrible spawn points ) is clearly an issue that consoles have due to inability to run more intense programing choices, the poor graphics, the dumbed down pilot leveling ( notice there are no player choices here ) the upgraded weapons based on pips ( poor mechanic ) due to the inability again of the console ability to handle more intense issues. This is total a rip off for PC gamers. I believe they released it first to PC as if they would have released to console and PC, PC gamers would have balked at the simplicity of the design, and rightfully so. I blame myself for it though. Piranha has done nothing for battletech games and we were so hyped to get a MW merc game we didn't see the warning signs. Looks like another decade before we'll have a chance to have a good battletech game.

You are not a gamer are you lol

Hello?

Red Dead Redemption 2
Posted Image

God Of War
Posted Image

Posted Image

The outer worlds ps4
Posted Image

MW5 is NOT limited by hardware that is 100% a fact, its limited by the developers lack of experience and skill and more importantly budget constraints.

I mean I can keep going...Fallout 4, Farcry 5, Call of Duty: Modern warfare, Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider, Boarderlands 3, Metal Gear blahhh blahh blahh...

Edited by Humpday, 17 December 2019 - 07:53 AM.

#25 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:29 AM

What does that have to do with it being a console game ported to pc? First off those graphics are good for a CONSOLE not a pc. More over the limits have way more to do with the choices you can make in game and the limits imposed by the console limits.

#26 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 17 December 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

What bothers me is the subpar choices that had to be used to make the game usable on a console. The deployment of enemy forces ( terrible spawn points ) is clearly an issue that consoles have due to inability to run more intense programing choices, the poor graphics, the dumbed down pilot leveling ( notice there are no player choices here ) the upgraded weapons based on pips ( poor mechanic ) due to the inability again of the console ability to handle more intense issues.

Wait what? Have you ever programmed a game or at least played a console game?

Technically consoles are very capable of everything that a PC can do in gaming (Except that graphics can look better on PC). All your examples have nothing to do with performance, in fact those are very easy tasks for any gaming device. A 30 year old Amiga 500 or the even older NES could easily do all that like you want it to be without any stress (and they did).

All your issues are design decisions made for other reasons, for example to make the game more accessible to BT newcomers (which -after the exclusivity period- may be console players). So if those decisions were made with consoles in mind then not because the consoles "can't handle more intense issues", but rather to meet the presumed preferences of the target audience and/or to make the game easier to control with a gamepad.

So your points are valid (everyone hates the spawning mechanism, and i don't like pilot leveling either), but your reasoning is not.

Edited by Daggett, 17 December 2019 - 09:54 AM.

#27 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostVxheous, on 16 December 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

MW5 has a ton of problems, but this isn't one of them.

*missed JayZ reference

#28 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 17 December 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

MW5 is a mechdad port of MWO so they can feel like a mech pilot hero! lol

Oh! Hello there monkey.

Sorry to throw a wrench into you little self indulgant bubble.
Im no mechdad, yet after getting sick of MWO. Playing mw5 and even playing mw4, mc and mc2 is just... a relief from the toxicity that you seems to advocate.

Besides that, you umbrella all those that play MW5 or other bt games for "mechdads"?
Because they dont want to or have time to play ultra perfected meta builds ( dont get me wrong, meta builds do make wonders to work out balance but some use it a tool for grief and arrogance ) you stamp them as such?

And if they DARE not having fun the way you and your compatriots have they need to be ridiculed, trolled and dumped on?
I guess newbie lurmers touched you, oh or the legendary snipey poke, pokers with ca 100 damaage? Yeah maybe that... or you are allergic to bracket builds? If not, oh well.

Also cant feel being a hero for **** in MWO, so let these... mechdads ( and I guess mechmoms too?) and others who prefer, have their fun in a singel player game. If thats not your "heroic" fun, stick to MWO and stay there or go making love to some monkeys if thats what your name indicates.. to each his own... I guess.

#29 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostTordin, on 17 December 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Oh! Hello there monkey.

Sorry to throw a wrench into you little self indulgant bubble.
Im no mechdad, yet after getting sick of MWO. Playing mw5 and even playing mw4, mc and mc2 is just... a relief from the toxicity that you seems to advocate.

Besides that, you umbrella all those that play MW5 or other bt games for "mechdads"?
Because they dont want to or have time to play ultra perfected meta builds ( dont get me wrong, meta builds do make wonders to work out balance but some use it a tool for grief and arrogance ) you stamp them as such?

And if they DARE not having fun the way you and your compatriots have they need to be ridiculed, trolled and dumped on?
I guess newbie lurmers touched you, oh or the legendary snipey poke, pokers with ca 100 damaage? Yeah maybe that... or you are allergic to bracket builds? If not, oh well.

Also cant feel being a hero for **** in MWO, so let these... mechdads ( and I guess mechmoms too?) and others who prefer, have their fun in a singel player game. If thats not your "heroic" fun, stick to MWO and stay there or go making love to some monkeys if thats what your name indicates.. to each his own... I guess.

Posted Image

#30 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:45 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 17 December 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

I've never met you before but i'm quite sure you're universally reviled.

#31 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

View PostValec, on 17 December 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

I've never met you before but i'm quite sure you're universally reviled.

You would be wrong. Monkey is a solid mofo.

#32 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:09 AM

the smart money is on them using the epic exclusive year to polish the game; the best scenario is a steam+console launch of a stable title

#33 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:04 AM

View Postoverheal, on 18 December 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

the smart money is on them using the epic exclusive year to polish the game; the best scenario is a steam+console launch of a stable title

If the full-time developers -- and the money to pay them -- are still around to get those done. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users