Where To Find Good Pilots?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

All I can find so far are capped at 30 skills point totals. Other than the first AI pilot that comes with the Jenner of course. Frustrating.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostRonan, on 18 December 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

Where To Find Good Pilots?

In MWO. Posted Image

#3 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostRonan, on 18 December 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

All I can find so far are capped at 30 skills point totals. Other than the first AI pilot that comes with the Jenner of course. Frustrating.

better pilots are attracted to apply to your outfit as your reputation grows,

they could explain that better

Edited by overheal, 18 December 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

takes lots of looking

might show up as you gain more rep, me finding upper 50's is happening more. I still see a lot of 17-23's.
Maybe I should dash back into [Davions territory and test that theory, been hanging in Liao area, and pop up to Steiner land ever now and then, and that's where I have found them,

Just have to look in the roughest toughest dirtiest tavern, normally the best hang out there

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

In MWO. Posted Image

there's only a couple left there, majority of them left MWO over a year ago

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 18 December 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#5 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:25 AM

the skill 57 pilot, just picked up a few missions back, and in Liao Territory, just show they are available, but think it's more about rep when they show up more, maybe level too Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 18 December 2019 - 10:35 AM.

#6 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:34 AM

okay took a peek at the south side of Liao, and these were for hire (for me), pretty much what I see every where with the occasional 50+

Posted Image

#7 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

I found two at 30 skill cap, and since have only seed in the 20's. Haven't tried Steiner space yet tho.

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

keep l;looking, actually found (got lucky I guess) A 41 as a level 5, still in beginning and in Davion space, that pilot has been Dismissed, gets expensive keeping extra pilots

#9 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

I noticed that northern Kurita hubs offer better mechs, equipment and pilots than anywhere else.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostRonan, on 18 December 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I found two at 30 skill cap, and since have only seed in the 20's. Haven't tried Steiner space yet tho.

While this game is relatively loose with lore and as such who knows what you could find...
...Steiner pilots (commanders in fluff at least) are stereotyped to be pretty bad, so much that Steiner McSteinerson is a meme for a rich Steiner pilot that bought his or her rank just like they bought their "inherited" mech... with cbills inherited from a rich parent.
So myself I'd expect to go to Steiner space to find meat fodder for hire.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

View Postcszolee79, on 18 December 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

I noticed that northern Kurita hubs offer better mechs, equipment and pilots than anywhere else.

What year?
Post 3030, Kurita should start getting Gauss Rifles, pulse lasers and ER PPCs... things that other places should not have until after 3040. 3037 for ER PPCs. 3037 for pulse lasers. "3040" in Marik space for the first "everyone has them" Gauss Rifles, however Kurita itself uses Gauss Rifles as early as 3038 as part of the "war of 3039". [Yes, the year before]

Side note, about the first time anyone living post year 3,000 ACE encountered a Gauss Rifle in combat...
Spoiler

#12 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

In MWO. Posted Image

Now.. thats discussable Posted Image I might not be particularly good at MWO anymore due to long hiatus.

The A.I for comrade pilots and enemies arent per see dumb, but as somone else stated. The A.I seem indecisive, in by either being to "LEEEEEROY" to way to defensive.
Only really bad things about the teammate A.I ( at least ) is IMO:

- That they get stuck from time to time, particularly by cliff sides, rough rock terrain and get left behind to MAYBE appear near the rest of the Lance sometime later. This is an ANNOYING pathfinding issue. However the pathfinding is several ranks above MW4mercs pathfinding, so theres that for whatever its worth.

- They are not too good avoiding, CRUSHING the buildings/ area you are going to protect... They need to give a bigger "avoidance radius". Sure not optimal to stay in the cityscape while defending it due to heel biting enemies that bumrush the positions and are, but still.

- Possible problem to use all of their avaiable weaponry mounted on their mech at all optimal and maximum ranges, again indecisive.

Edited by Tordin, 18 December 2019 - 01:33 PM.

#13 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

I get the feeling pilot skill level is tied to your mercenary rank. I have a bunch of 58s and 59s with 10/10 in all the defensive stats, but only after reaching MR 13.

#14 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

Look in conflict zones with higher recommended reputation levels. I'm up to Rep 12 myself but if I look in zones like a rep 6 planet... i still see mediocre pilots in the barracks for hire.

#15 Subhntr

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostTordin, on 18 December 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

- Possible problem to use all of their avaiable weaponry mounted on their mech at all optimal and maximum ranges, again indecisive.

even if there's an ally in the way. I just watched one of my ANH-1X pilots unload on an OPFOR mech...when one of my other pilots was in the way. Posted Image

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:45 PM

Higher the suggested Rep, better pilots will be available there.

There's also one mission where you need to rescue some guy from the pirates. I forgot the actual mission's name but it was available in Liao-Marik border. The guy giving you the High-reward quest mission is named Shenzeng and once you complete the mission, his son, the one you rescued, "humbly" offers his piloting services to you and he's rated at 41 or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users