22 replies to this topic

#21 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 29 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Sit down, sunshine. Don't drool more than you already have.

When I say "brawling", it means exactly that. Brawling. You can't really do that 'cause you'll lose components on your AI teammates and I don't consider refitting after every mission as acceptable.

I've actually got plenty of SRM 6+A Stalkers that destroy enemies quickly. The problem is still AI losing components. I keep a brawling lance for Defense and Warzone missions while the long-range lance is used for Raid, Demolition and Assassination contracts.

"Run up to enemy butts and launch a swarm of SRMs" lel Sure. Have fun running at 48kph trying to backstab enemies in Raid and Assassination missions at 80+ difficulty.

That's why you pick up Kintaro's, or the hero Golden Boy, or an Oxide. SRM galore at 64-100+ kph.

Cyclops Q variant can also sport triple-SRM with a couple support ML's btw, and runs at a respectable speed, feels nimble and tanks like a boss.

edit: or that aforementioned Quickdraw.

No one's forcing you to waddle around in a Stalker in 80+ missions.

Edited by Jyi, 30 December 2019 - 06:16 AM.

#22 Spitfire 03

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

I uh, actually keep a firestarter around specifically for brawling. I never let the Ai pilot it though.

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostJyi, on 30 December 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

That's why you pick up Kintaro's, or the hero Golden Boy, or an Oxide. SRM galore at 64-100+ kph.

Cyclops Q variant can also sport triple-SRM with a couple support ML's btw, and runs at a respectable speed, feels nimble and tanks like a boss.

edit: or that aforementioned Quickdraw.

No one's forcing you to waddle around in a Stalker in 80+ missions.

I know about the Kintaro GB and Quickdraw. I've even recommended the Quickdraw in other topics. But when you're dropping into 80+ difficulty missions, you need more than firepower. You need heat management, too. That's why you keep two separate lances, one for brawling to bring to Defense and Warzone missions; one specialized in long-ranged engagement to bring to Raid, Assassination, Demolition, etc., and a 3rd lance with a mix of both as standby. This way, you can pretty much handle any consecutive deployment missions without needing to worry about AI losing components either 'cause the AI won't lose components.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users