Salvage Stashes And Different Dropships?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

As the title hints to.
Be aware I havent finished the story line but what I want to know is:

1: Will there be Union dropships to see later on in the game?

2: The salvage shatshes in those warehouses with pulsing light lines on the doors, are they only appearing in the tutorial?

Because I have found tons of them during random missions but no stashes inside to tag for end mission pickup as bonus.
I suspect there were meant to be included randomly in some of those you find, but I havent seen any besides said starter/ story missions.

Edited by Tordin, 18 December 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

There's also no functioning repair bays that I've found yet except for the one in the first mission where Lt Leon gets recruited in his jenner.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

They probably meant to implement all of those, especially the repair bays, but couldn't get around to doing it in typical PGI fashion Posted Image

#4 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

They probably meant to implement all of those, especially the repair bays, but couldn't get around to doing it in typical PGI fashion Posted Image

Just look at all the teaser trailers . . . There are a lot of things that they meant to implement but never got around too.

Still enjoying the game, . . . just occasionally missing the polishing and especially some of the QoL issues.

Edited by Five by Five, 19 December 2019 - 10:20 AM.

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Well I do bet they can shove these mentioned features into the game in the future.
I mean, random salvage caches/ stashes in those warehouses. Shouldnt be that time consuming for PGI.

Regarding the Union dropship....
You know what, I think just that dropship can be the catalyst/ anchor for new objectives.

1: Defend the union dropship against attackers ++

2: Destroy the enemy union dropship ++

3: Aaaaand Union dropship battleground. We see our leopard land side by side by the Union we are going to protect which unloads another lance with mechs to fight off the opposing Union dropship and its enemy leopard with its set of mech lances.

Would be grand and these SHOULD appear in both random missions and for faction with say.. high regard to your merc outfit wit hsome added bits for some varity.

Just some thoughts.

Becasue I remember the missions in MW4M with union dropships. I think we had to defend 3 in one mission and attack a enemy one in another enemy and yikes, the Union were dreadful to fight. I mostly LRM spammed the frigging metal orb down because charging its compliment of lasers, ppc etc were just plain suicide.

Oh and adding value to important buildings like generators, radar dishes, control towers should effect something, like a powered up/ down dropship.

View PostDee Eight, on 18 December 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

There's also no functioning repair bays that I've found yet except for the one in the first mission where Lt Leon gets recruited in his jenner.

Yeah, I mena. It would make sense to have repair bays to appear at least in multi part missions etc

Edited by Tordin, 19 December 2019 - 01:40 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

i cant really blame pgi for falling back on minimum viable product when they realize their full plan was impossible. it is pgi after all.

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 December 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

i cant really blame pgi for falling back on minimum viable product when they realize their full plan was impossible. it is pgi after all.

Could have avoided that with some crowd funding, this whole epic games deal and self funding has made a half crap product.

#8 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

Would also like to see the Confederate Class Dropship as perhaps an upgrade to the Leopard (Think of it as a Mini-Union - up to 6 mechs, or 4 mechs and 2 Aerospace Fighters as stated in the old 2750 Technical Manual by FASA). As for Stashes or better, SLDF Caches as a bonus objective in a mission.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

View PostXetelian, on 19 December 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Could have avoided that with some crowd funding, this whole epic games deal and self funding has made a half crap product.

I think in case of MechWarrior you overestimate how many people would actualy crowd fund the game. Also the Epic deal seams to have worked well for PGI. They got some month longer to work on the game, some additional staff, a marketing budget and look currently MW5 is on the "Best selling games" list beside Borderlands 3, Outer Worlds and Jedi Fallen Order. All of them comming with a lot more hype and good press reports then MW5. Also they are far away from the niche game that MW5 is.
So in that regard...seams to me like it worked well for PGI.

Beside that, the story and mission are an addon. Russ said that originaly MW5 wasn't even planed with the story but just the merc goes around part.
That means we got more game then was initialy planed. Sure it still feels like half a game but I am actualy happy that someone at PGI convinced Russ that a story should be their.

Edited by Nesutizale, 20 December 2019 - 08:29 AM.

#10 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

The fact that the repair bay and that looting mechanic is there means modders and editors can work them into their own campaign/flashpoint style mission chains

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostXetelian, on 19 December 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

mw5 was crowd funded. by every single mech pack sale. maybe people should have bought more robbits.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 December 2019 - 12:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users