Jump to content

Mw5 Error Message: "could Not Verify Product Ownership.

error troubleshoot

5 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan Schneider

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:42 AM

Hi all!

Desperate guys here, really want to play , but so many hurdle, with EGS Launcher not able to login, etc, finally after successful download of the game facing this issue:

[color=#1A1A1B]I started MW5 through the Epic Games Launcher and can play for 3-5 Mins, after that, no matter what I do, I get crashed to the desktop.[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Error Message: "Could not verify product Ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection."[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Already updated the game to the latest patch , disabled Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus, same issue, could not get much help Googling, please help![/color]

#2 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:00 AM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 20 December 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Hi all!

Desperate guys here, really want to play , but so many hurdle, with EGS Launcher not able to login, etc, finally after successful download of the game facing this issue:

[color=#1A1A1B]I started MW5 through the Epic Games Launcher and can play for 3-5 Mins, after that, no matter what I do, I get crashed to the desktop.[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Error Message: "Could not verify product Ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection."[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Already updated the game to the latest patch , disabled Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus, same issue, could not get much help Googling, please help![/color]


Use this mail:

technical@mw5mercs.com


Technical support should help you.

#3 Nesutizale

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:00 AM

One point is that EGS had problems lately. Can't tell what kind as I launch the game from the exe and have no problems so far.
Also did you buy it via EGS or from PGI?
And did you install it over the demo or in an extra folder? I have deleted the demo before the release and made a new folder.

#4 Peter2k

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,007 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWuppertal - Germany

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 20 December 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Hi all!

Desperate guys here, really want to play , but so many hurdle, with EGS Launcher not able to login, etc, finally after successful download of the game facing this issue:

[color=#1A1A1B]I started MW5 through the Epic Games Launcher and can play for 3-5 Mins, after that, no matter what I do, I get crashed to the desktop.[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Error Message: "Could not verify product Ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection."[/color]

[color=#1A1A1B]Already updated the game to the latest patch , disabled Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus, same issue, could not get much help Googling, please help![/color]


Other question

What happens when you click on the Epic Games store on the free game of the day (should be Towerfall right now), install that game (it's for free after all, so trying it out should be feasible ) and start "playing" it

If another Epic game store game works (or runs in the background) for a while then it's MW5
If it shows similar problems then it's more on you're end, maybe some other firewall in your router for instance

Edited by Peter2k, 20 December 2019 - 08:05 AM.


#5 Stefan Schneider

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:07 AM

View Postmartian, on 20 December 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:


Use this mail:

technical@mw5mercs.com


Technical support should help you.


Already did, currently trying their suggestion: ### Do not reply below this line ### Epic Games Player Support - Valentin December 21, 2019, 21:01 +0800 | Conversation ID: #22394448 Hello Azri,

Thank you for this information about your account.

Please try the following steps for your issue:

1. Completely close the Epic Games launcher. You may need to open Task Manager to do this.

2. Press Windows + R, and type: %localappdata%.

3. Locate and open the Epic Games Launcher folder, and then open the Saved folder.

4. Click the Webcache folder.
Note: If you can’t see the Webcache folder, click View, and then check the Hidden Items box to enable hidden folders.

5. Delete the Webcache folder.

6. Reopen the Epic Games launcher.

If the problem persists, please let me know.

Problem still persist, waiting for further intructions.

View PostNesutizale, on 20 December 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

One point is that EGS had problems lately. Can't tell what kind as I launch the game from the exe and have no problems so far.
Also did you buy it via EGS or from PGI?
And did you install it over the demo or in an extra folder? I have deleted the demo before the release and made a new folder.


I bought the game via EGS website.

Not any demo, MW5 is my first game over EGS, kinda forced to install EGS exclusively to play MW5 haha

Also, Epic Games Launcher also need to be added "-http=wininet" at the end of the Shortcut target, if not it will stuck at Preparing the Epic Games Launcher after login:

View PostPeter2k, on 20 December 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Other question

What happens when you click on the Epic Games store on the free game of the day (should be Towerfall right now), install that game (it's for free after all, so trying it out should be feasible ) and start "playing" it

If another Epic game store game works (or runs in the background) for a while then it's MW5
If it shows similar problems then it's more on you're end, maybe some other firewall in your router for instance



I have not yet to install any other games as MW5 is my first ever game in EGS, will try and report back here thanks!

Again very much thanks in advance for all of your responses, really appreciate those!

#6 Logi

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

Better late than never :D
Had same issue yesterday. Just needed to deactivate the Firewall of my antivirus programm. Then did the steps 1-6 from above and ran the verification in EGL.
After playing the game for about 1 hour activated the firewall again. No issues anymore.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users