Has Pgi Mentioned How They Will Be Expanding The Mw5 Mech List?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:59 AM

Just curious.. seems like there are some chassis missing that should be in this timeline. Seems like an easy thing to do to make mech expansions for MW5 and then also include those mechs in MWO since I'm sure the model can be ported pretty easily.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:37 PM

Russ said DLC probably. Check the NGNGtv podcast for more details.

#3 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:22 AM

I was actually surprised they put so many mechs into the initial release. I would have thought that holding some favourites back for a quick and inexpensive DLC release would have been a good business strategy and helped refresh interest in the game.

One reason that some mechs might not be included now is that it might not be easy to include ECM in a way that works effectively with the AI.

#4 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

Yep there are a few MWO chassis (in the timeline) missing, like the Charger and Dervish. I hope those are added in the next updates.

Also, there are some classic mechs missing in both MWO and MW5, like the remaining Unseen: Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow. I really want to see them in the future, even if in DLC (alongside some interesting choices for MW5's early game, like: Clint, Whitworth and Hermes II).

And sure, I hope there is a Clan Invasion full expansion sometime in 2021, with all MWO's Clan mechs and newer IS chassis.

Edited by Odanan, 20 December 2019 - 02:57 AM.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:06 AM

Well Russ said the reason for not bringing Clans into MW5 is that they would have to do them half hearted as they didn't have the resources/time to do them and that he would to see them done right. Not like MWO did it as Clans are just the other IS.

Maybe if MW5 sells well they will consider doing a full on MW5 Clan DLC or go straight to MW6 Clan. Either way I would also prefere Clans to have their own campaign that is done with the right attention to detail. I think he also mentioned something about AI needs to be changed to reflect clan behavior at some point...what would be a good sign. Imagne Clans actualy action like Clan pilots. Something you can't do in MWO because hardly anyone is hardcore enough in a 12v12 game to go full clan with batchal and all ^_^

#6 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

Also keep in mind even if there was a "REAL" Clan batchal, the ending match-up would be 12(a company) vs 10 (A Binary) was the clan equivalent of a company and a Trinary (3 Stars) was used to combat reinforced Companies (16 IS mechs).

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

I think it was even possible that a clan commander could bid away single units so it could be even lower then 12v10.
I just went with 12v12 as we have mixed team and IIRC there was something once said about technical problems of unequal numbered teams beeing something the engine or servers realy don't like.

Mh maybe one could have placed some dummy entries with "AI" pilots just for the matchmaker to fill the spots and at the beginning of the match those two placeholders would automaticly be killed. That way you could have 12v10 matches....I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users