Some Questions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Droknar

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone know how much each pilot skill point adds? If one of my pilots has 5/6 points what does that translate to for weapons, heat management, or damage reduction?

Second: Weapons that have multiple shots like SRM, LRM, burst fire ACs, how is damage calculated? SRMs are strong so does that mean each missile does what it stats say? Does each shot in a burst fire round do 10 damage if it is an AC10 or is it 10 damage over the entire salvo? If it is 10 damage over the entire burst then standard ACs would do better targeted damage since there is no spread. Do pulse lasers do their list damage per pulse or over the entire shot?

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

Maybe when the editor comes out some one will make some tables of enemy combatant hitpoints and player weapon stats.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 December 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:26 PM

Can't answer the first 'cause I don't know what those numbers translate to either. As for the second, the BF AC or UAC have more dps. So, if you're looking for dps, use these weapons. Else, regular AC will be better. The total damage listed is for the entire salvo, be it for missiles, ACs or Lasers.

#4 Droknar

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 December 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Can't answer the first 'cause I don't know what those numbers translate to either. As for the second, the BF AC or UAC have more dps. So, if you're looking for dps, use these weapons. Else, regular AC will be better. The total damage listed is for the entire salvo, be it for missiles, ACs or Lasers.

Higher DPS is good but there is the drawback that it isn't focused to 1 point. All that damage spreads out (IIRC 3m at 350m away), so normal ACs would be slightly better for focus shots. In theory anyways.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:19 AM

I have a Warhammer Black Widow and I've tried both quad AC2s and quad BF AC2s. Both are good at shredding. When you're trying to get a headshot, the BF AC2s are bad. But overall, the BF AC2s are slightly better in terms of shredding power. I'm currently using AC2s 'cause I have a better tier version whereas my BF AC2s are only tier 2.

That said, most of the mechs in MW5 are pretty slow so you can focus your aim better anyways. Just give them a go and see how they feel. It's really down to personal preference.

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:04 AM

To me the higher the caliber of the gun the less I like the burstfire. The BF AC20 is cool to look at but the damage and kickback is so high. I rather take a normal AC20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users