22 replies to this topic

#21 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostJeffrey Dahmer The People Nommer, on 26 December 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

the AI is more reliably positioning themselves effectively. I rarely see my Quickdraw IV using its SRMs, favoring its dual LB10s quite heavily.

I find this happening if I stay far away from the enemies, too. If I use my Black Widow loaded with 4x AC2s + MLs, then I can stay back and kill enemies making my AI teammates less prone to getting hit. If I go in to brawl with another mech, the AI lance-mates move in close to stay in formation instead of keeping to their own optimal range.

#22 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 December 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

If anyone has ever seen the enemy AI overheat, let me know. But I doubt anyone ever has.

I've seen an enemy Warhammer shut down on a few occasions, maybe a Marauder as-well. But on other high heat builds I notice they don't fire as often.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 26 December 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

I'd rather have AI pilots stay at optimal range of their most damage-oriented weapon than voting on how many close-ranged weapons it has vs long range. This way, the close range weapons can be used against targets that get close-and-personal, like the light mechs and Cicadas.

I wouldn't want something like a Black Knight with 3 PPCs and ML/SMLs or an Orion Protector with Gauss + PPC and some ML+SRMs to run close to the enemies instead of letting a few them come close to us.

Not entirely certain as to how the game decides what strategies to use, but most weapon systems seems to be what is going on. Could possibly change it. Could be using other things to make the decision like 'what range can I get the most damage out of'. PGI's logic hasn't exactly been sound during the development of MWO, so their AI's logic could be just as questionable.

-----------

Following up on this post.

View PostKoniving, on 26 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

Spoiler

The Heavy Support Laser, which is an infantry-use medium laser gun emplacement that is also sometimes mounted on heftier battlearmor, tells us the medium laser range against low Barrier Armor Ratings and infantry is...
150/500/950/1900 meters
Short/medium/long/extreme

And that's a medium laser.

Like all lasers under tac-ops it does more damage at short, expected at medium, reduced between medium and long, and half at extreme....against infantry/vehicles of less than 10 BAR.
The 270 long, 360(540 with certain traits) extreme range of the medium laser is against 10 BAR like tanks and 'Mechs.

What's also nice is this is getting me the power points used per shot, too, which can help me deal with another issue my mod is going to have.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 27 December 2019 - 02:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users