Black Market

5 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:48 PM

What does this do exactly? i havent notice any difference in equipment for sale in these systems.

Does it behave the same as black market in Battletech where you have to do a quest/NPC interaction before you actually get access to it? (yes/no, no spoilers please).

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

From I know or heard it's just a warzone market for you to buy stuff without having to make an expensive trip back to a hub. Not really that useful tho imo unless you really need a replacement weapon maybe.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:19 PM

Black Markets are just regular markets in conflict zones that are fully stocked but you find nothing rare there.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:46 AM

The Black Market is another opportunity where PGI could have made something unique and interesting but instead delivered the bare minimum necessary.

(Should have been system-unique Mechs or equipment, or LosTech at crazy prices.)

#5 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

ok thanks guys. Yeah i had a read back through the entire forum (it's only 6 pages) and that seems to be the consensus.

I was starting to get concerned my anti-pirate activities might be affecting it like in the HBS Battletech game.

It does seem a missed opportunity, they could quite easily remove the word "black" from the title and just call it a market. There's nothing sinister about it at all. Maybe it was a planned feature that got cut before launch.

#6 Blackstorm

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:16 AM

More like a grey market. A very grey market.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users