Mw5 Reboot/crashing During Tutorial

MW5 crash reboot

3 replies to this topic

#1 Nightlores

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:13 AM

I just bought Mech Warrior 5 and installed it. But during the tutorial the game is crashing and causing my computer to reboot. I have a brand new system with a 2070 super. Been playing Call of duty / jedi fallen order / NFS / Tomb raider without any problems, thus it must be something in MW5 (v1.0.189).

I installed latest nvidia drivers and tried different graphic settings, done the tutorial 6 times now, but the game crashes every time at the same two points. Either right after the 3 red enemy mechs drop in or when you the cinematic runs away from the helicopter and is just about to enter the ship.

Any help would be great. Hate to have to ask for a refund because was hoping to play this game.

#2 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 29 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

If your PC reboots on its own, it's likely a hardware problem. Too much overclock, wonky mainboard, weak PSU.
Maybe some overlay program (MSI Afterburner, Geforce Experience, etc).

#3 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

I concur with cszolee79 that the game has no function to reboot your computer. I have a 2060 with no problem and don't think its related to that.

Not always a hardware problem, can be driver. Are you sure that you're not getting a BSOD? You probably still need to uncheck auto reboot for BSOD's.

You have a new system so you might have a problem as of yet not seen until now.

It could even be an Nvidia problem with the 2070 but not a 2060. Stuff happens.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 29 December 2019 - 04:35 PM.

#4 Nightlores

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:38 AM

I seen plenty software cashing a windows error and result in a reboot. So it must be a combination of something. I only have nvidia experience installed that effect games. I closed all nvidia programs but still kept crashing. In my 10th tutorial run I tried resolution on 1280x720 (lowest option) and the cinematic did not crash. I already tried lower resolution but never lowest.

I tried again with my default screen resolution (2560x1440) and it crashed again
Then again with 1280x720 and it did not crash.

So I still have no clue why the game crashes, but got past the tutorial and done first 2 missions without any problems on 3620x2036 (highest resolution option).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users