2 replies to this topic

#1 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

I need some advice on how to beat some of these three-part missions. I have enough mechs that I can usually mount two full lances at the mission drop weight maximum. But, due to the unlimited spawns in this game, just doing the first missions can cause quite a lot of damage to my Lance. It makes it difficult to do two missions in a row without needing to repair my mechs. And, repairing the mechs takes longer than the wait time in between the consecutive missions. By the time I'm on the third mission, my Lance is usually the third tier mechs and the tonnage is under maximum and that last mission is usually the worst of them all.

I'm just looking for any advice here. Is there a trick to repairing mechs on the second mission while fielding the B-Team Lance? Is there a trick for using the Cold Storage Mechs somehow? It still takes about 9 to 10 days to refit most of those, which isn't usually enough time for me to use them in between these Mission wait times.

Anyways, I'm just looking for some strategies to complete these long multi part missions.

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

you probably know you don't need to take all 3 pilots with you, go in as a 3 man, rather then 4.
with just the 3 mechs you can bring tanky-er mechs. even up to difficulty 80.

Assassinations missions, the full lance may be needed, for better focus firing results, but demo, and raids, use lance as a diversion, while you run in and do the base damage , your mech may not take much damage, so repairs will be short (if need repair), though your lance may be different.

you don't actually need 370 tons if the max tonnage that can be used is 370 for the mission .. . although I found the 90+ difficulty you need the armor, I haven't done a 90+ multi-part, 84 is the highest I've done, and in Co-Op

and then there is doing them in Co-Op

#3 Spitfire 03

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

Also, I keep pair of firestarters around for raid missions so I can run in, burn down the targets and get to evac on one mech whilst the rest repair.

On defense you can set up allies with longrange mechs to hold position off site and go in and distract with the firestarter whilst they plink from safety, mitigating damage on your teammates.

But yes, Co-op could also be an awesome answer. One day....

Edited by Spitfire 03, 01 January 2020 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users