[Feature Request] Order Lancemate To Shutdown.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:09 AM

Since there's no evac/retreat option (ala xcom2) and you can't simply order them to move to a quiet map location due to the spawn nature, it'd be great if we could simply tell them to shutdown, reducing their threat level to minimal.

Quite often you can see what's going to happen 5 minutes in advance, but there's literally nothing you can do about it except shrug and either abandon the mission entirely or accept they're going to die in 5-10 minutes since they wont last the mission.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:02 AM

Well if you're requesting features, you might as well request an "eject" feature (with the intent of getting your mech back after the mission).

But yeah, I get what you're saying. I've been known to send my guys to a seemingly "safe" part of the map..

Also, a "feature suggestion" thread is a great idea.

I suggest we add other suggestions here as well..

I'll start first:

1) Sell from cold storage

2) Able to change Merc unit logo

3) Ability to set (and apply to mechs) official unit cammo. (meaning a pattern and color save and apply in one click to mechs)

4) Cool shots.

5) A 1-click repair-then-confirm button for all mechs not missing components or equipment.

#3 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

Actually now I think of it, I'm pretty sure one of the previous MechWarrior games did exactly that. BattleTech has that option too, order them to eject, then repair the cockpit after mission.

As far as other features go, yeah sell from cold storage is easily the most important (much moreso than this).

I'd also like a repair option that just auto replaces destroyed parts if you have them in stock.

Oh, and TELL ME IF AMMO/HS WAS DESTOYED!! Garrh!

Edited by Asmosis, 02 January 2020 - 11:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users