Mwll

4 replies to this topic

#1 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

What do you think about mechwarrior: living legends game?

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

i thought it was pretty good. it did electronic warfare right, it did maps right, its modes make sense, and its loaded with sim features, etc.

#3 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:39 AM

The game itself is good, as LN stated. I'm not certain if you can actually save your progress and such, as I haven't played it in a long time (2+ years). It's on a dated engine, but I hear that they've recently updated the mech models with better textures and such and that it looks good.

The game mechanics are slightly different from MWO, as far as the "feel" of the mechs and such - not that it's a bad thing necessarily, just different.

Much more in-depth than MWO, from a combined-arms perspective, since you can pilot a mech, a tank, a VTOL, etc. I do think the maps might be too small for the VTOLs though, from my few attempts to play a VTOL. Plus their are repair bases and you respawn as well. At least, that's what I remember.

My only complaints are that the player base is really small (and it seems they are mostly experienced players, which might make it harder for new players to enjoy), and joystick support is not native - you have to use an xbox 360 controller emulator. The second one caused me some problems initially IIRC, but I think I got everything sorted out eventually.

Critical Rocket has some good MW:LL content on YT, maybe check out his streams....

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

it doesn't have saves, you just have to tech up each match (which usually run about an hour). when you start the game, or when you die, you get some cbills to buy a mech. how much depends on your rank and you rank up throughout the match. however its good practice to keep your mech alive, use the repair bays, cash it in and trade up, as you can get into the bigger mechs faster.

to be fair its easier to configure your joystick in living legends than mw5. it has a gui for its action maps rather than having to edit a text file. but both have the downside that you cant make changes on the fly and have to restart the game if its wrong.

#5 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:00 AM

I like that you have to choose from predefined mech variants many of which are bracketed. using 4 weapon groups is pretty standart. Like mauler with 4xSRM2, 1xSRM6, Lb20, UAC20, MRM30. its not too difficult actually but needs practice with a particular mech variant.

Some builds are kind of crazy like the cauldron born prime: LB5, gauss, 2ermedlas. srm4 and lrm10. Good thing that lb5 and gauss have the same velocity.

The jumpjets is something else in MWLL because they come in two variants: standart and improved. The latter give less vertical thrust and more horizontal while allowing lateral movement on top of standart forward and backward movement.

The backcaps the air strikes the lurm spam. The game has lots of strategies and you are allowed to play vtol, aerospace and tank/hovercraft. I still havent figured out what is better: tanks or mechs.

By the way ultra 20 is extremely good in MWLL unlike MWO. It is the most powerful burst dps weapon ever. Especially if you have two of those on your mad cat mk2.

The thing that is diffirent is that ac2 and lb2 weapons are quite a bit weaker in MWLL. They are perhaps on the same level with a medium laser give or take. Just with a long range and projectile velocity.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 06 January 2020 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users