#21 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 January 2020 - 01:15 AM, said:

Am I the only one who feels like this is an "all must go cose' we're closing down" fire-sale?

I can't remember when there's ever been a sale this all-encompassing.. can you?

Next step in a few months maybe - everything is free like in the PTS.. and then server shut down?

Posted Image Posted Image

No, it isn't. Again, MW5 doesn't have PVP. at all. and modding for it's really not going to take off much until it's on Steam, I think.

Fact is, a @#$%ton of Forumwarriors are just massive pessimists. You could see this sale just as easily as a POSITIVE for new players that were brought in THANKS to MW5. MW5 was never meant as a replacement for MWO. It's just it's also been the Studio's baby since BEFORE MWO came out. They had to make MWO because Harmony Gold sued them heavily after their original MW5 Trailer came out due to the Warhammer in it. It took years, and cash to deal with those A-holes, a lot of which was earned BY MWO.

MWO isn't being abandoned anytime soon. Just need to be patient, new stuff'll come with time. Mean, hell, back when MWO started we didn't get a "Mech a month." We got them when they were done.

Edited by Arkhangel, 03 January 2020 - 01:56 AM.

#22 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:58 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 January 2020 - 01:15 AM, said:

Am I the only one who feels like this is an "all must go cose' we're closing down" fire-sale?

I can't remember when there's ever been a sale this all-encompassing.. can you?

Next step in a few months maybe - everything is free like in the PTS.. and then server shut down?

Posted Image Posted Image

I doubt they will shut down MWO, PGI would be wise to keep MWO going, because people will get tired of MW5 unless PGI adds PVP or has a constant stream of content updates.

Edited by Ed Steele, 03 January 2020 - 01:58 AM.

#23 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:09 AM

Not filling me with hope for long continuation...

#24 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:29 AM

IMO the biggest sales come this time of year so I doubt it's a closing down sale but who knows. Without any words from PGI to provide some sort of roadmap the faith in this game is going to go ASAP (hint hint PGI). I doubt running costs of MWO is going to be very high but I can't see any way people would throw money into this game now.

MW5 was a massive let down so anyone wanting to buy it on Steam, I'd STRONGLY recommend they wait to see if it received any dire needed improvements, virtually every single aspect to this game needs improving, its so far behind MWO. Also some game testing would have made sense, simple game stoppers like getting stuck in a building (I couldn't even use the map to direct my team mates to the dropship to end the level), having a tank spawned under the world (my job was to defeat all enemies to progress). MW5 is so bad I might have to come back to MWO to get my mech FPS fix.

#25 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:56 AM

EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Posted Image

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 03 January 2020 - 03:59 AM.

#26 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:10 AM

^ I rest my case about the pessimist Forumwarriors.

#27 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:50 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 January 2020 - 01:55 AM, said:

No, it isn't. Again, MW5 doesn't have PVP. at all. and modding for it's really not going to take off much until it's on Steam, I think.

Fact is, a @#$%ton of Forumwarriors are just massive pessimists. You could see this sale just as easily as a POSITIVE for new players that were brought in THANKS to MW5. MW5 was never meant as a replacement for MWO. It's just it's also been the Studio's baby since BEFORE MWO came out. They had to make MWO because Harmony Gold sued them heavily after their original MW5 Trailer came out due to the Warhammer in it. It took years, and cash to deal with those A-holes, a lot of which was earned BY MWO.

MWO isn't being abandoned anytime soon. Just need to be patient, new stuff'll come with time. Mean, hell, back when MWO started we didn't get a "Mech a month." We got them when they were done.

Well I hope you're right.

I for one would hate to see MWO shut down without a MWO2 at least announced and already heavily under production.

I just wish PGI reassured us all already..

It's been weeks since the dev update on MW5 where they didn't talk at all about MWO.. I hope they do so soon.

Edited by Vellron2005, 03 January 2020 - 05:51 AM.

#28 OverTemp

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:31 AM

How about adding engines to the sale?

#29 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

WTF fire sale?! Lulz. What is PGI selling to get rid of so they can close shop? Code. Digital wares.

Essentially nothing.

C'mon. Enjoy the idea that almost everything is "cheap" to get and then log on and play.

One way to keep the doors open is to play the game.

#30 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

View PostBolo Atari, on 03 January 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

WTF fire sale?! Lulz. What is PGI selling to get rid of so they can close shop? Code. Digital wares.

Essentially nothing.

C'mon. Enjoy the idea that almost everything is "cheap" to get and then log on and play.

One way to keep the doors open is to play the game.

Damn Straight. MWO will stay up as long as there's people willing to play it. There's still mods being made for the original Doom FPS, ffs. At the end of the day, it's PLAYERS that keep a game alive.

#31 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:29 AM

Now to figure out which mech to pick up tonight...

#32 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:48 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 03 January 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

Now to figure out which mech to pick up tonight...

Which 'Mech? Posted Image

I have got a shopping list with a dozen of 'Mechs noted ...

#33 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

The pricing of everything in MWO should be revamped to be half or less what it is. Especially the real $ prices for mech packs and such. They should be like $5-20 max, and the mechs bought that way should already be skilled or nearly so.

And when you buy MW5, you should automatically get something to get you to check out MWO. Maybe they get a special starter pack with x mech bays, MC and skill points or something.

Should also look at doing special versions of MWO's existing cockpit items that have an effect in-game. There are ones that boost cbills and xp, how about ones that provide something like a 1-3% boost to range or weapon cooldown or speed?

I would also look at letting players take certain mechs to 100 skill points (maybe the crappier ones that could use the help), but with those last 9 points being dramatically more expensive.

There are a variety of tweaks that PGI could make to MWO which I like to think wouldn't involve a lot of man hours, but would yield a boost in player interest.

#34 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

View PostVayrin, on 03 January 2020 - 06:31 AM, said:

How about adding engines to the sale?

Or mech bays for that matter.

#35 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 02 January 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

MECHBAYS 50% OFF THE MC PRICE IN-GAME!

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 03 January 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

Or mech bays for that matter.

Uhhhhhhh....

#36 Horrus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

Nice event thx

#37 Dingbat67

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:37 PM

When a mech pack costs as much as a Triple-A title, you gotta wonder. Really, I spent way more money than I care to admit in the game (several hundred dollars) -- and I still play. But I've got tons of mechs already, Cbills, GSP and mC's. Not sure it's worth it for _me_ but I'm kinda hesistant to pitch in more money right now considering there has not been any new content since.

Also knowing that most of the money made here was funneled to MW5 instead doesn't really convince me to do this again. But thanx for the event. I'm sure a few people will benefit tho.

#38 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:46 PM

I was just trying to do a cool event and sale after neglecting MWO for MW5 over the holidays! :)
Honestly the Loot bag event and big Mech Pack sale is tough to follow.
So i figured people would be stoked to pick up some new Chassis and stuff with C-Bills or MC they may have purchased or earned over the holidays.
Plus I always have to have an event running with the good theme like the Urbie screaming "all the Things" LOL
I hope you enjoy - I'll be back full time next week!

#39 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 January 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

I was just trying to do a cool event and sale after neglecting MWO for MW5 over the holidays! Posted Image
So i figured people would be stoked to pick up some new Chassis and stuff with C-Bills or MC they may have purchased or earned over the holidays.
Plus I always have to have an event running with the good theme like the Urbie screaming "all the Things" LOL

Thank you very much.

I am going to use this event and the sale to buy some new 'Mechs.

#40 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 January 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

I was just trying to do a cool event and sale after neglecting MWO for MW5 over the holidays! Posted Image

Thanks, Matt. Time to buy the non-hero chassis that I was waiting to go on sale. :)
Any plans to put the original mech mastery bundles on sale on the website again at some point soon? I've got my eye on that Cicada bundle. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users