Visual Fidelity & Detail In Trailers & Demolition Preview Vs. The Real Game.

4 replies to this topic

#1 HitmannD

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:24 AM

First off, let me say that I'm having a lot of fun playing the game. The gameplay is quite enjoyable. However, when I started playing I was a bit disappointed in the visual fidelity. The game I'm playing today looks like it was from the 2012 era, even with all graphics settings maxed and at UHD.

We went from a gritty realistic looking world in the reveal trailer...

To this destruction demo...

(I've never once seen people fleeing on foot in the actual game)

To what we have today...

It looks like a lot of the assets are re-used Battletech and MWO, including even the cartooney portraits. That art style is fine, if that's what you were going for, but it doesn't fit the grit that we saw in the first trailer.

Are there any plans to release a high quality texture pack or expansion that adds (at minimum) the extra details into the game, such as people fleeing at your mech advance? Personally, I would love to see a Mechwarrior game with the visual fidelity and grit of the first link. What happened?

Sincerely,

Hitmann_D

Edited by HitmannD, 06 January 2020 - 08:28 AM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

That very first trailer wasn't for the current MW5 Mercs game but more or less a "prove of concept" that you can make a mechgame in Cryengine or better said "cinematics".

As for the look of that trailer, yes definitly liked it and would have liked to see it going more into that direction but I think the guys that made that trailer are long gone from PGI, sometime before MWO was even started I think.

#3 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:33 AM

View PostHitmannD, on 06 January 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

such as people fleeing at your mech advance?

That was removed / not implemented in the final game due to performance reasons.

#4 HitmannD

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

View Postcszolee79, on 06 January 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

That was removed / not implemented in the final game due to performance reasons.

That's a shame, it was a neat little detail.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

as for the portraits, check out the first mods that claw into existence https://mwomercs.com...aracter-images/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users