Epic Update Mw5 In Middle Of Game Play Cause Crash

7 replies to this topic

#1 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:47 PM

Did and/or If I noticed this issue correctly???
Did and/or If I remember this correctly???

I used to launch the game from Radeon game list.

One night I experience a lot of MW5 crash, launching game, loading saved game, in-game-story walk through, mech lab, and in-game battles,,,,,, may be after 10 crashes in 20 minutes, I finally gave and looked around and suddenly saw EPIC game launcher is updating MW5 and needed another 30GB to download........

I didn't use epic to launch game previously, but now gotto make sure I don't use radeon game list to launch the game, higher chances to crash and CO_OP never works when launched by radeon game list.

Co-op only works when launch from epic.

Anyone else?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:05 AM

Co-op uses the friend's list in Epic launcher.

#3 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:47 AM

View Postcx5, on 06 January 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

Did and/or If I noticed this issue correctly???
Did and/or If I remember this correctly???

I used to launch the game from Radeon game list.

One night I experience a lot of MW5 crash, launching game, loading saved game, in-game-story walk through, mech lab, and in-game battles,,,,,, may be after 10 crashes in 20 minutes, I finally gave and looked around and suddenly saw EPIC game launcher is updating MW5 and needed another 30GB to download........

I didn't use epic to launch game previously, but now gotto make sure I don't use radeon game list to launch the game, higher chances to crash and CO_OP never works when launched by radeon game list.

Co-op only works when launch from epic.

Anyone else?

I pointed the Radeon software to the exe file in the Mechwarrior5 folder (add new game or something to that effect) and am thus avoiding the Epic Launcher to, well, launch.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:25 AM

I start MW5 directly from the exe with a shortcut I made myself and never had the problem with updates or anything else interfearing. That said, I also don't have Epic on autolaunch so for epic to launch I have to do it manualy. So its never running in the background or anything so it can't do anything while I game.

The point about Co-op is correct. MW5 uses the Epic friendslist to create the connection between players.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:42 AM

None of my friends have gotten it yet, so I've yet to launch with epic. Infact, I bet if I did, it'd wanna update an maybe clear some of those anyone bugs I've got.

And yet, it's working well enough for me to leave it alone for now. If it's only slightly broke, no need to fix it!

~Leone.

#6 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 07 January 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

I start MW5 directly from the exe with a shortcut I made myself and never had the problem with updates or anything else interfearing. That said, I also don't have Epic on autolaunch so for epic to launch I have to do it manualy. So its never running in the background or anything so it can't do anything while I game.

The point about Co-op is correct. MW5 uses the Epic friendslist to create the connection between players.

Thank you good tips on "autolaunch" off, I didn't know.

View PostSomersetStriker, on 08 January 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

You could probably let Epic know that they have a bug here in this situation. That is running a game outside of the launcher, the launcher doesn't appear to check if the game is running and does updates anyway.

Eventually, they will probably get to it even if you don't as someone else will.

Good point/reminder, hence my rant to epic, now that I know they it autolaunch and run in background, they should really also check if it is running seperately outside of launcher before attempting update. What an epic idiocy.

View PostLeone, on 09 January 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

None of my friends have gotten it yet, so I've yet to launch with epic. Infact, I bet if I did, it'd wanna update an maybe clear some of those anyone bugs I've got.

And yet, it's working well enough for me to leave it alone for now. If it's only slightly broke, no need to fix it!

~Leone.

Me too, always check for update before launch, but it's my first epic game, didn't know it autolaunch behind the scene, what a surprise.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:51 AM

A lot if stuff is autolaunching these days so it has become my practice after everything I install to check if its running in the background and turn it off if its not necessary.

Oh and Epic has the option to turn off Autoupdate. When you go into your libary of games, you can see at the end of the game or below, depending if you use list or images as view, there are 3 dots. Click on them and then a small menu should show. There you can turn autoupdate on and off. Its also where you find stuff like cloudsaveing, deinstall, etc.

Edited by Nesutizale, 10 January 2020 - 02:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users