53 replies to this topic

#41 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

View Posttee5, on 15 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

How long until someone modded 12 vs 12 PVP in MW5?

Not going to happen. Posted Image

#42 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:24 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

You can point out facts to people but they'll still ignore them if it suits their own personal interests to do so.

No one does this more so than you.

I proved to you, live on stream, your claims about PSR/Tier were wrong. Totally busted wide open your fanciful claims. And yet, you still make them and many others.

View Postleony, on 13 January 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

Why installing the mw5 editor into an SSD?

You'll understand once you try to load it lol.

Also don't attempt with an older CPU unless you really enjoy waiting.

#43 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 15 January 2020 - 04:24 PM, said:

Not going to happen. Posted Image

Never say "never". :) If they just gave away 100% of the game files, (so theoretically someone could release the game on their own), then there's nothing stopping a dedicated team of modders from doing whatever they set out to do except time and resources. All it takes is a modder or team of modders who want to see it happen. I think their time would be wasted merely duplicating MWO, but to each their own. :)

#44 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

I know a team of around 8 guys that is looking into PvP as part of their project.

Whether it happens or not, hard to tell.

They are already having issues as this Mod tool is not everything. Lots of stuff is apparently hidden behind scripts which have not been provided so there is nothing to be modded in those instances unless PGI release it. The mod tool is definitely not all encompassing/fully there

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 January 2020 - 09:09 PM.

#45 Gri3f

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

justcallmeASH
I proved to you, live on stream, your claims about PSR/Tier were wrong. And yet, you still make them and many others.

What you're saying is:
if you've been wrong even once you should be stripped of the right to speak your opinion ever again.
Wow, what the bloody hell mate? If you want to prove your point try using less messed up arguments next time.
Just so you know:
once wrong =/= always wrong
once right =/= always right

Edited by Gri3f, 16 January 2020 - 12:09 AM.

#46 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

After I've seen the amazing things that were done in MW4 without official modding support and MWO sound mods without any support either, I am very excited for the future of MW5 now.

And they even went far and beyond to make that pretty detailed modding guide pdf, it got even me excited to get back into modding. Even without any coding knowledge, but with the right tools, anyone can do some mods.

#47 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

From what I understood with a talk to a dev turning MW5 into a PvP game might prove more difficulte then one aspects.
As far as I understand it, it has to do with how MW5 calculates hits. The current system is not designed or in the worst case would not work at all with online gameing at some point because of the amount of data that has to be pushed between clients and server.

In MW5 each shot is calculated seperatly what creates more accurate shots but is taxing on the system allready, not to mention that you would need a very high, I think it was called tick rate, in your connection to send this data relaiable to the server and from there to a client without loosing shots or bullets appearing somewhere where they shouldn't.

Long story short. The current MW5 is design to have at max 4 players and a certain number of NPCs on screen and still work. Push it harder and you might break it or you have to rewrite the entire hit detection system and weapons, not speaking of haveing to possibly do some rebalanceing because of the different hit detection.

#48 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:14 AM

View PostGri3f, on 16 January 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

What you're saying is:
if you've been wrong even once you should be stripped of the right to speak your opinion ever again.
Wow, what the bloody hell mate? If you want to prove your point try using less messed up arguments next time.
Just so you know:
No, he's calling Dee out on doing the exact same thing he's complaining about, since Dee repeats some things Ash has tested and disproven on live stream.

Just so you know:
Repeated claim =/= objective truth.

Edited by Horseman, 16 January 2020 - 04:14 AM.

#49 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

After the loooooooong initial load up after install, the editor loads up quite quick.

Finally got some time to play around with the editor. Truly a wealth of content - from the models to the animations, the whole lot of it! Thank you very much for all of these assets!!

Not to mention the intro guide made specifically for MW5 - That alone will allow at the very least, one to get familiarized with using the editor and see what can be done in it. It is a well done breakdown on the MW5 editor, and I highly recommend a read through.

Thank you PGI.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 16 January 2020 - 11:04 PM.

#50 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

do we really need to put MW5 on an SSD?

#51 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

View PostGri3f, on 16 January 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

What you're saying is:
Just so you know:

That is not what I said at all.

That individual has repeatedly posted incorrect and made up rubbish on the forum, twitch chats and in-game for years. A once-off, be wrong, so what. I don't care.

Constantly and knowingly mislead people, because the facts have been clearly outlined - and then to go and do it for years on many topics, that's a problem.

Sadly there are about 5-6 such users on this forum who do it on an extremely regular basis.

#52 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

View PostHawk819, on 17 January 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

do we really need to put MW5 on an SSD?

This is for the separate MW5 editor which is also included with the game but you do not need to install it if you do not wish and can just install the stand alone game. It's highly recommended for the editor. While the base game itself (and basically every single video game) will greatly benefit from decreased loading times with an ssd but is not necessary.
Even a cheaper or older model/type SSD (not even getting into SLC/MLC/TLC/QLC) can have R/W times ~500-800 Mbps while a HDD is ~125 mbps. That's pretty significant. Higher to prem SSDs can get up to 1,800 Mbps or more.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 18 January 2020 - 07:17 PM.

#53 xVoidxHammerx

Rookie

• The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:46 PM

IF WE PLAY MWO AND GIVE YOU MONEY TO BUY THINGS IN MWO GUESS WHAT? WE WANT MWO CONTENT. The events are all well and good but we want NEW MECHS and NEW MAPS sincerely hope this reaches someone that matters and something changes .I Feel like a jackarse for buying anything from pgi this year thinking it would matter.

#54 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

Finally, MWO News, oh wait... *goes back to sleep*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users