Jump to content

Winter War Event And Sale


73 replies to this topic

#61 Humble Dexter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 22 January 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

They never corrected MWO flaws so they rely on doing constant events to keep the game alive. Specially since it no longer has updates and dwells in maintenance mode.

At the end of 2019 PGI announced they were putting MWO in maintenance mode, to focus on their MW5 launch.
In 2020 MW5 has been launched, and MWO should be moving out of maintenance mode.

#62 Bolo Atari

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 152 posts
  • LocationArea 88

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 22 January 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

While I know it is down to random luck, the maps part was the one I got first. I think that playing closer to the start also helps with people voting for the maps because as the event progresses and fewer people need those maps the voting trends away from them more.


This. I'm voting for those maps when they pop until tbe event ends because some players may be going for the event later due to RL ^_^

#63 Eurystheus

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Finished the event several days ago, except for ... I always have a heck of a time shooting down UAVs. Someone else always beats me to it.

#64 CrustyMech

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 22 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

Finished the event several days ago, except for ... I always have a heck of a time shooting down UAVs. Someone else always beats me to it.


Similar to the maps problem. People are popping UAVs at start of event (for the UAV challenge) so you have more targets Posted Image. I found that having a mech with ERLs lets me get 'em from the back row...

#65 Wishmast3r

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:30 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 January 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

At the end of 2019 PGI announced they were putting MWO in maintenance mode, to focus on their MW5 launch.
In 2020 MW5 has been launched, and MWO should be moving out of maintenance mode.


If MW5 would be successful. Russ wanted to sell, and i´m quoting here, "at least 1 million copies of MW5".
It´s been more than a month now and the major ammount of sales for games are done in the first days or weeks, after the release. So i wonder how much copies of MW5 have been sold.

#66 NeroWolfeCub

    Rookie

  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:44 AM

just played on Frozen city classic after 10 hours of playing (and only 3 appearances of the map) - it didn't register for the event. Thanks PGI.

#67 Wishmast3r

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

View PostNeroWolfeCub, on 23 January 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

just played on Frozen city classic after 10 hours of playing (and only 3 appearances of the map) - it didn't register for the event. Thanks PGI.


You played on Frozen City Classic !!!NIGHT!!!
And yes, that doesn´t count for Frozen City Classic.

PS: Won the PGI lottery yesterday.

#68 NeroWolfeCub

    Rookie

  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:40 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 23 January 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

You played on Frozen City Classic !!!NIGHT!!!
And yes, that doesn´t count for Frozen City Classic.

PS: Won the PGI lottery yesterday.

Thanks

#69 Humble Dexter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:49 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 23 January 2020 - 04:30 AM, said:

If MW5 would be successful. Russ wanted to sell, and i´m quoting here, "at least 1 million copies of MW5".

But did he say that before or after securing the Epic Store deal instead ?

#70 -Winter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Yeah now I understand why people are raging about this event. Forest Colony Snow came up twice in 20 drops in QP. Both times got beat out by Polar... That's why its 3 days premium time they knew no one would get to play the maps....

Edited by Winter VII, 23 January 2020 - 12:08 PM.


#71 Wishmast3r

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:01 PM

Russ said that 4 days after he told us about the Epic deal in an AMA.

"The goal, he said, is to sell at least 1 million copies of MechWarrior 5. Given what he knows about the sales of Harebrained Schemes’ BattleTech and other games in the same genre, he believes that’s entirely possible. Moreover, he feels it’s especially possible on the Epic Games Store."

https://www.polygon....ma-russ-bullock

PS: Can't believe this forum never got a mobile version. So i can't use the tools like quoting while writing this on my phone.

#72 Eurystheus

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostCrustyMech, on 22 January 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:


Similar to the maps problem. People are popping UAVs at start of event (for the UAV challenge) so you have more targets Posted Image. I found that having a mech with ERLs lets me get 'em from the back row...


View PostCrustyMech, on 22 January 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:


Similar to the maps problem. People are popping UAVs at start of event (for the UAV challenge) so you have more targets Posted Image. I found that having a mech with ERLs lets me get 'em from the back row...


The very first match I played after posting that, I got a UAV. Completely finished the event now.

#73 Renzor the Red

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 296 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:33 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 22 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

Finished the event several days ago, except for ... I always have a heck of a time shooting down UAVs. Someone else always beats me to it.


Shooting down one UAV is easy. Just keep your eyes open. There are easily 2-5 enemies UAV's in each match I go into, and I usually prioritize shooting them down out of good strategy anyway.

Keep your eyes to the skies!

#74 Ratybor

    Rookie

  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 23 January 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Russ said that 4 days after he told us about the Epic deal in an AMA.

"The goal, he said, is to sell at least 1 million copies of MechWarrior 5. Given what he knows about the sales of Harebrained Schemes’ BattleTech and other games in the same genre, he believes that’s entirely possible. Moreover, he feels it’s especially possible on the Epic Games Store."

https://www.polygon....ma-russ-bullock

PS: Can't believe this forum never got a mobile version. So i can't use the tools like quoting while writing this on my phone.


Well, they'll have to wait for my money. Ain't gonna spend a cent in Epic's store. Steam, GOG, UPlay, Origin, Epic, Battlenet, independent releases.. that's too much to keep track of for me. Play game A? Update the launcher first! Wanna play B? Update another launcher!
Moreover Epic's launcher is so slow to start compared to Steam or GOG.
I'll enjoy Battletech while waiting for MW5 to appear in Steam.

PS finally got the last map of the event (Frozen City Classic). x8 vote multiplier helped (x7 did not).
Other maps: Polar Highlands - played 9 times, Colony - 3 times.

Edited by Ratybor, 27 January 2020 - 02:10 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users