Constant Low Fps Matches Of Late :_)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Destitute Follower of the Onions

Rookie

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 09:16 AM

Hello there not sure if this is the right place to post hahaha never used forum before butttt I do have a question.

Does anyone have this recurring issue where by MWO will run at 30fps or lower lately for the whole match? in which it will drops to 19fps or lower in heavy combat....It used to rarely occur, now almost every game depending on the map.

I notice know the game will run at low performance when during the loading screen, the screen will freeze/hang ( with window blue loading wheel at time appears ) then wait a few seconds and it will unfreeze and continue loading. Once complete the game will be running on low performance. It seem to happen more often on large map e.g, HPG, Alpine Borg and more.

Also I heard some talks around that low performance can be attributed to
  • When game is booting up, there must not be any streaming program running at same time like Twitch or Youtube.
  • Alt-tabing out when game is loading.
My potato spec ( build last year march 2023 )
  • MB :Asus B660M-A
  • CPU : Intel i5-12400
  • GPU : Onda RTX 3060 Aegis
  • RAM : 16gb 3200mhz ddr4
  • Storage : Game on my 2nd nvme 1tb ssd
What I do before launching MWO or had done.
  • Reinstall MWO (Via Steam)
  • All driver up to date.( I think it is haha )
  • Always delete shader cache before running the game,
  • Closed other program like browser or streaming or another app running.
  • Used Low setting except Texture High, Shadow : Medium
  • Used a custom config to help performance base other player suggestion.
  • Nvidia graphic setting to maximum performance.
I used not to have this issue and game run 60fps but of course there are some map like Solagris city, well that is fps dropper down to 40-50fps but it is still palatable. Used to play mwo on old pc ( i5-7400, zotac 1060, 8gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram ) and it seem fine

Sadly only MWO has this issue for me other game like Helldiver 2, Warframe or FFXIV all run fine 60fps or at the very least constant 60fps.

Now I have to pray and hope to roll a D20 for 60fps or suffer the accursed 20fps or lower in heavy combat. Until I alt-f4 once the game ends and delete the shader and relaunch the game again or touch grass :_)

Edited by Destitute Follower of the Onions, 16 March 2024 - 09:18 AM.

#2 Rumble Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 03:35 AM

Hi to all, must say since my accident ive enjoyed being here.
...Wonders, after getting droped and a 2 minute penalty how this could happen on a pristine system ?
we had a couple of good matches and I was on winning team couple times . anyways Thanks Marc

#3 Mass Distraction

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 19 March 2024 - 11:10 AM

I haven't played long but I have noticed that after a maintenance update the client seems to run fine (unless it has to load a bolt on list for every mech and bolt on, wink wink) then an event is hosted and problems with loading into games and disconnecting during games start happening. Then when the event is over and removed the problem worsens. Until finally I start having to re-boot my game client after every match to hopefully make it through the next game without disconnecting. Finally, a maintenance update again and the problem is reset until little changes get made again. More often than not it seems to be a bad code call or something to that effect.

Its like the more little changes are made the more unstable the client becomes. Not a tech nor a computer geek so I don't know specifics. I do know that it is a reoccurring problem, as it happens every month. Well there's my two cents worth, and it's probably worth less than that.

Edited by Mass Distraction, 19 March 2024 - 11:12 AM.

#4 Destitute Follower of the Onions

Rookie

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:28 PM

@Mass Destruction, yeah I guess that might the cause too. but I guess I will have to live with it for now hahaha.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 March 2024 - 12:19 PM

I will use Solaris as my example. Solaris was the map that I had the lowest FPS in but was 80+ fps prior item ID Database issue back in November 2023, that was actually causing massive crashes/disconnects for everyone. After that patch Solaris FPS started to drop, and as more items were added each month, it has continued to drop. The Feb patch it was extreme and only deleting the Shaders helped some but it is nowhere near the pre-November 2023 highs. I am good if I actually average 55+ on Solaris now but with drops to 30fps.

https://mwomercs.com...te-known-issues

I believe what they did wit the Item ID database was more of a workaround, that there are still unresolved issues. My system is a i5-8600K (3.6ghz) OC to 4.5ghz 16gig/ram and a Geforce RTS 2060 Super. Do not run with any AA enabled.

#6 Destitute Follower of the Onions

Rookie

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 06:30 AM

@Tarl Cabot , ah I heard of the ID problem as an issue. yeah Solaris city it a well know lagger hahaha that cannot be help but as for now....I guess I just have to clear shader cache before launching the game as it seem to work for me. Other than that....I guess it still playable if I get the low performance of 30fps or lower.

or...there could really be some problem with my pc hahaha :_)

Edited by Destitute Follower of the Onions, 24 March 2024 - 06:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users