#21 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

View PostBARegulator, on 24 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Am I missing the part about improvements to the AI crushing through buildings when on defense but avoiding them when on demolition? Did I just not see it?

I heard a YouTuber say in one of their streams to keep an eye on the damage objective bar. Apparently friendly structure damage doesn't count towards the objective, so I doubt you'll see any improvements beyond that for awhile...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 25 January 2020 - 07:20 PM.

#22 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:11 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 25 January 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

Apparently friendly structure damage doesn't count towards the objective

Yes, it does.
Very frustrating, when you manage to keep your lance out of the base, but the allied mech of the base is running around like a headless chicken, destroying one building after another.

Adding the ability to change Anti-Aliasing Modes

I have to set AA to low, cause everything, from mechs to vegetation, more than 20m away is blurry, when AA is set to medium, high or max.
If i set AA to low however, all sharp edges suddenly become shiny white pixeled lines.
I´m using a i7 7700K and a 1080TI graphics card, so i can set everything to maximum without problems. Not able to use AA is ... sad.
And even with everything set to maximum the visibility of the vegetation is limited to 300m.

#23 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:10 AM

The game's so badly designed, yes friendly's will trash the base. Assaults can go through walls so while the game will deliberately spawn each wave on either side of the base (just to be annoying), your assaults will be smashing through them and the NPC who owns the facility will get angry with you. You can either split your team to try and cover both sides of the base or force move them in diagonals. Personally I just aimed to be rid of the enemies ASAP and then the base gets trashed less overall.

In terms of performance, I had to reduce a lot of eye candy, no other games seems to struggle. The game can run slow on maps with tree's specially when it comes to AA but in generally somehow zooming in seems to half the frame rate.

I'd wait till the Winter sales, by then hopefully it's had it's bugs straightened out and at a decent price but honestly it's got no meat to it.

#24 philluder

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:31 AM

Is it possible to give
MECHWARRIOR 5

its own website.
For the mwo players it is simply not really interesting what sideprojects pgi does..thx

#25 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:54 AM

View Postphilluder, on 26 January 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

Is it possible to give
MECHWARRIOR 5

its own website.
For the mwo players it is simply not really interesting what sideprojects pgi does..thx

They put this here to remind the MWO playerbase that PGI is still in business, even though they have completely abandoned MWO and are putting precisely zero resources into it (theire effort now finally matches their level of care for MWO)

#26 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 26 January 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

They put this here to remind the MWO playerbase that PGI is still in business, even though they have completely abandoned MWO and are putting precisely zero resources into it (theire effort now finally matches their level of care for MWO)

The plan was to release MW5 --> sell 1.000.000 copies ---> everybody is happy with the game --> staff gets a vacation over the holidays --> get back to work on MWO

I call that "PGI logic", professionals call it "being delusional". You have to be ignorant or incompetent (or both) to believe you don´t have to fix a shitload of bugs, after releasing a game without a beta test.
And for those 1 million copies ... if they sold more than 100k i would be really surprised.
200k would be amazing.
300k and above with PGIs reputation?
1 million? Highly doubt.

#27 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

Every time I see a news here (and that is to 99.99999% a MW5 News, not a MWO News), I can see that PGI gets to know, that they have a niche-product and that "pranking" the playerbase of MWO (to call it nicely) with the Epic-Store-Move was a bad idea...

Epic may fill up the gaps with their money, but that means not really anything... If PGI won't do any good to MWO soon, there will be most likely no one left that believes Russ anything (and frankly, we are far beyond that point anyway).

#28 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

All of you guys are really funny; thank you for the laughs.

MW5 updates are fine and easily discerned. What’s more, for the last year the MWO events have been incredibly generous with free mechs, mc, gxp etc (obviously to try to keep players interested with lower numbers of pop). Yet still, you will find a way or something to complain about.

There will be more news on what is planned for MWO in upcoming AMA this week, cool your jets. Otherwise, it’s not really been a surprise that MWO has been in maintenance mode for the last 7+ months.
From death comes new life.

#29 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

As long as, and I will not be the only one to dread this, "work on MWO" doesn't mean some afwul/unwanted features/overhauls... if they do it wrong it really will be the final nail.

Done right it will save the game and we'll all have ice cream, and might even give PGI money again.

#30 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

MWO 2.0 will be announced soon.

Just jokin... Posted Image

#31 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

sooo not gonna use your MW5 site for MW5 news eh?

You just gotta post it to your banished and now unwanted step child, MWO's forums?

enjoy that epic money, because you'll never hit your sales goal. You destroyed your primary playerbase, and all the goodwill you ever earned.

#32 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:34 PM

Not quite correct. The news is also on mw5mercs.com.

Also, for all who believe there's a patch for MWO incoming, check your client. The red banderole says - as per usual - that the servers will be going down for maintenance, not that the game will be patched. And it won't get a patch for sure. At least not this month. The Solaris VII season might be concluded and the new one may start, but that's about it.

#33 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:10 AM

People need to just accept it.. THIS is the go-to site for everything PGI does with the BT setting.

Since there is no other viable site, these forums are the place.

It has it's own MW5 section, and as the biggest marketing platform, this is where it's at.

Just live with it. Accept it.

I'm sure PGI will announce what is going to be done with MWO as well soon enough.

#34 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 26 January 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

There will be more news on what is planned for MWO in upcoming AMA this week ...

Are you new to MWO and PGI? Posted Image
"more news" would suggest there would have been news already. Posted Image

So yesterday i finally ran into the "cold storage problem". My cold storage is full, my mech bays are full and i want to buy a hero mech, which i can´t. Cause i can´t sell mechs from the cold storage, to free up space. I don´t want to sell mechs from the mech bay, cause those are mechs i´m using. And i can´t switch mechs from the cold storage to the mech bay.
This is a typical example for a problem, that you can only miss, if you don´t play your own game.
Normally i would have to wait for the next patch, where we finally will be able to sell mechs from the cold storage. Hurray! Posted Image
Thank god we already have mods for MW5 and therefor a solution for the problem. Posted Image

MW5 will be the best Mechwarrior game ever, not thanks to PGI, but thanks to the community and the coming mods.

#35 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:19 AM

Well, you can always sell one or two of your active mechs, then pull one or two out of cold storage, sell these, then buy what you want and finally rebuy the mechs you sold initially for the same price. Sure, it's a bit of a hassle, but with the 29th coming up, the solution is near.

#36 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 January 2020 - 02:10 AM, said:

People need to just accept it.

Cause accepting ******** is the way we do it these days. Posted Image

THIS is the go-to site for everything PGI does with the BT setting.

Cause they have so many Battletech related projects. Like MWO and ... MW5 for about a month now ... Posted Image

Since there is no other viable site, these forums are the place.

mw5mercs.com isn´t a viable site? Posted Image

It has it's own MW5 section ...

No it doesn´t ... Posted Image
PGI isn´t even willing and/or able to do a MW5 section in this forum. I´ll go with "isn´t able", cause this forum isn´t even mobile friendly.

Just live with it. Accept it.

Why? Posted Image

I'm sure PGI will announce what is going to be done with MWO as well soon enough.

Posted Image

#37 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:35 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 January 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

Well, you can always sell one or two of your active mechs, then pull one or two out of cold storage, sell these, then buy what you want and finally rebuy the mechs you sold initially for the same price. Sure, it's a bit of a hassle, but with the 29th coming up, the solution is near.

It´s sad enough that mechs send to cold storage are set back to stock. Not only the loadout is removed, but also the colors and the armor is set to default. Wouldn´t be a problem, if you could save your loadout.
And seriously, who is removing the paint and refits the armor plates before sending the mech into cold storage?
Like i said, if you don´t play your own game ...

Edited by Wishmast3r, 27 January 2020 - 02:36 AM.

#38 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:39 AM

what's this? https://mwomercs.com...-5-mercenaries/

also, you are changin goal-posts

#39 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:23 AM

MWO going unreal engine?

While scrapping solo play maybe and giving FP the universe it needed.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 27 January 2020 - 03:24 AM.

#40 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:14 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 January 2020 - 02:39 AM, said:

That is !!!1!!! sub forum for !!!general discussion!!! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users